Knowing Justin Reese

CAMERON'S POV: 

She cried, and she cried, and she cried. I sat there feeling like shit. I didn't know what I could do, just to make her realize that we're not here to hurt her, we're not here in spite, we didn't even get a choice in the matter, we had to leave everything we'd ever known behind, our mom who lived an hour away, now three hours, my best friends, my family, my everything! Caleb left behind his girlfriend, his friends, his job, his school. What more did she want from us?

I went from feeling like shit to feeling angry, this wasn't our fault, she needed to stop blaming us! WE DIDN'T HAVE A CHOICE! 

I sighed and hit the bed in aggravation. What did she want us to do leave? Well it's not an option and she needs to realize this and stop crying about it, we'd willingly be her family, her friend, and she keeps pushing us away, well I'm done trying. 

TYLER POV:

I looked back at the Caller ID and was really questioning if maybe he had the wrong number, and it was some sinister fate that made him call my phone. 

I didn't want to answer but in the back of my mind, I had the urge to pick it up. 

It continued to ring, his name flashing across my caller ID in a taunting manner. 

Why? That's all I could comprehend. I realized that I should pick up soon if I was going to pick up at all. 

Justin Reese ring! ring! Justin Reese ring! ring! 

Why? I made my decision. 

"Hello?" It was really him. 

"Hey, whose this?" I hoped, and prayed it was a wrong number. 

"It's Justin, is this Tyler?" My breath was caught in my throat. This was him, wanting to talk to me. Justin Reese. 

"Yea, this is her, hey Justin what's up?" 

"Nothing, I was just calling to see how you're holding up it's been forever since we've last spoke."

"Yea, it has. Are you alright?" I needed to know that he was happy, I needed to know he was fine. I needed to know he was moving on after the fire too. 

"Yea, I'm great, now stop avoiding the question, how are you? How is Tyler Brandon holding up?" 

I smiled sadly, even though I knew he couldn't see it. 

"I'm, I've been better, but then again, I've been worse." 

"Yea? Well that's better than sitting in a wheelchair right?" 

I gasped and my eyes widened, he started laughing!

"That's, that's not funny Justin!" I felt the tears coming. 

"Hey, hey calm down it's a harmless joke, if you can't joke about your own problems, then whats the point in living?" 

"Justin, I'm I'm so sorry." 

"Hey, it's never been your fault, but I'd like to talk to you soon if that's cool, like face to face, because I have to go now, physical therapy awaits!" 

"Yea,  definitely, um, can you do lunch on Saturday?" 

"Yea, um, how about brunch? 11 am? I have physical therapy again at 2 that day." 

"Yea, that's perfect, see you then Justin." 

I felt sick.

All my skeletons were jumping out of the closet and attacking me. I was drowning in sadness and guilt.