Home Coming

I was so shocked, I wanted to cry tears of joy. I wanted to feel joy! I had Ash home, home with me. I didn't even talk to him I was too busy hugging and squeezing the life out of him. 

"Ashton Franklin. Why didn't you tell me you were coming into town. Why are you in town? Is this a joke? Are you staying? Are you leaving? I just. Ash!" I hugged him again and he hugged me back. I missed the hell out of this boy. I haven't seen him in a year. 

"Chill Ty, I wanted it to be a surprise. I am in town with my dad. He got a business offer and we're here for at least two weeks. If things don't go as planned, and knowing my dad they wont, we could be here longer. I had to beg him to let me come, but he knows how much I missed you." I wanted to cry, I could feel the tears. They were coming. The tears of joy. 

"I am speechless. I missed you too damn much for my sanity." He chuckled and wrapped his arms around me too.

I heard someone clear their throat and that brought me back to reality. 

"This is boy whose name I can't remember one and two, boys this is Ash. Now lets go Ash. Lets go!" 

"Chill. I'm sure they have real names. Not Tylerfied names." They chuckled and I rolled my eyes. 

"No offense, well yea offense, but they aren't worth the time to know really. You're only in town for a little bit and I am not sharing you so lets go." 

"Damn Tyler, talk about rude. My name is Caleb. Not that Tyler would care to remember. And this is Cameron my younger brother." Ash nodded and I rolled my eyes. 

"I don't see the point in this." Ash looked at me with a raised eyebrow. 

"They are unofficial home wreckers in the literal sense." That caused them all to laugh when I was being dead ass serious. 

"Can we go now Ash. I'm sleeping over your house. I need a break from the Daniels."  He nodded and we went to get my things when I remembered all of my stuff, my music stuff was in the living room. 

"What happened? Are you playing again?" He asked with hope in his voice. I felt guilty. 

"N-no. I tried, I really did. I ended up murdering my guitar. At least it wasn't Lance, the one dad gave me. Then again, I don't think I would've risked Lance like that." 

He sat at the Piano, I sat next to him. This was hard for me to do since I hadn't been this close to the Piano since that night. 

"This is hard for me Ash." I said, my voice breaking. It really was. 

"What do you see when you start to remember, or start to play." I closed my eyes. 

"I see the audience. They are all waiting. I am smiling, the Piano looks breathe taking, and then as soon as I hear the music. I see the fire. I s-see him. I see him Ash, and I don't want to see him. It hurts." He nodded as I cried into his shoulder. 

CALEB POV (That morning.) 

"Caleb, can you come down stairs please."  I heard my dad say. I went down stairs from the bathroom to see Aly sitting there. Looking on edge. I wonder what was up?

"We are moving the things out the rooms today" Aly said. She had a tired look to her face, and I wasn't sure she was okay with us moving into those rooms. I didn't really know the full story but all I was told was that her husband, and Tyler's dad had died. I didn't know how, or why, and I knew Tyler didn't want us invading his memory. 

I felt bad, but Aly had reassured me numerous times, that she was okay and it would have happened sooner or later. That they needed a new start even if Tyler wouldn't admit it to herself yet. 

I hoped she would grow to accept us. I mean, I get it. She's hurt. But, maybe she can move on and let it happen. 

"Is there anything you don't want me to touch?" I asked, afraid that maybe she had something really important to her. But that was stupid wasn't it? Everything in those rooms was important to the both of them. 

"I was thinking of giving the stuff in the front room to good will. I don't think Tyler wants them anymore, and I don't know how to play, and to be honest even if I did I know it would kill her to let me play them in front of her." I had no clue exactly what she was referring to but I was almost afraid to ask. 

I went upstairs trailing behind Aly and my dad. 

She pushed open a door and it looked almost like a music studio. There was three guitars against the wall, a grand piano in the middle with a microphone by the piano. There were plush chairs and music sheets all about. There was a radio and CD's cluttering the piano surface. 

I was curious to look at them but I was so hesitant. I didn't want Aly to freak or anything, I knew this stuff was precious to her. 

I looked over at her, it was like she could read my mind because she nodded towards the CD's and what not, and I walked over there as well. 

I took one paper and read the title, "Mad World," I love that song. I wondered why she stopped playing, but I didn't have the nerve to ask her. I didn't want to be that disrespectful. Just saying, "how did your husband die, and why is your daughter a non social angry child with a hidden talent?" It didn't seem like a polite thing to say in my eyes. I'm sure hers either. 

"Alright, well lets start packing this stuff up." She said it like it wasn't her daughters personal connection with what was left of her father. Like it was the old house owners shit. But I could tell deep down, she was hurting. 

I didn't think, I just walked over to her and wrapped her in a hug. She hugged me back tightly, and let a silent sob escape her lips. I rubbed circles into her back, and right before my dad walked back in, she fixed herself up. 

I didn't think she wanted dad to know how much she was hurting, and I respected her for it, even though dad wouldn't be hurt, he would be over wearingly annoying about her feelings, always making sure she was okay, always acting like she was a vulnerable child. He wouldn't want her hurting. 

{LATER ON THAT DAY... CALEB POV} 

I was with Aly and my dad as we were waiting for Tyler to come back. After she spent an hour crying in her room, she grabbed a guitar and left. I was sure she would be okay, but an hour passed and she wasn't home. I really liked Tyler, I mean yea she acted like a hurtful bitch, but I knew it was exactly that. An act. 

I could see the fret on Aly's face. 

"I'll go look for her." I said walking out. 

"I'll go with. An extra pair of eyes wont hurt," I heard my brother say. I nodded at him thankfully. 

We had talked about it awhile ago, and we decided we couldn't exactly take everything Tyler said to heart, because she was trying to push us away. We hoped eventually she would let us in, but knowing what we know so far I don't think that plan was going to be as easy as we thought. 

"Where would she go?" I looked over at Cameron slightly before looking back at the road. 

"I don't know. I just hope she's okay." 

"I know, who will be around to talk shit about us if not her?" He said sarcastically. I had to laugh at him. He was right. 

I sighed still driving when I heard a screaming and a shattering noise. We looked at each other, and simultaneously said it. "Tyler."  I smiled at that, knowing we both knew a Tyler moment when we heard one. 

I saw a girl literally throwing a guitar and herself at a tree with sobs and screams raging out of her body.

***

We were home when I saw a blonde dude standing outside the house. I didn't know who he was or why he was here. I felt awkward not knowing, but I planned on figuring it out.

Before I could even stop the damn car Tyler ran out and attacked him with the hugest smile I'd ever seen on her face. 

She looked so happy it caused me to smile. She was letting herself be happy. 

I didn't know who he was or why he was here, but I am glad he makes her happy. 

I turned to look at Cameron, and his smile said the same thing.