Breath.

Everything's okay.
They probably went out to dinner.

As I am breathing in and out, Maddox walks in with a black tailored Ralph Lauren suit, his morning hair is gone, now it is meaty styled and combed and you can see his clean aftershave.

Well, where the hell does he think he's going looking like this...

"Where are you going, all dressed up?" I give him one more glance up and down.

Not checking him out. Just casually checking his outfit out.

"You didn't get the email?" He tilts his head to the side.

"What email are you-" I stop mid sentence when I look through my email and see an invite to an early brunch before the gala.

You've gotta be kidding me.

I look over to the clock which reads, 10:30 and the brunch starts at 11AM.

If I do not go, it will show bad mannerism, I guess its better late than never.

I look over to Maddox, '' Do not bother me for the next thirty minutes as I try to get ready in time.''

He tilts his head grinning but not giving me a verbal answer.

''Do I make myself clear?'' I say with a stern glare.

''Yes, Ma'am''he replies, fixing his suit.

Before I make my way to the bathroom once again, I tell him to try and reach Logan.

----

''You better not embarrass me.'' I tell Maddox as we are about to enter the Cafe that was reserved for all the business owners.

He chuckles at my reply, ''Me, embarrass you? Shouldn't it be the other way around Cher . (Dear)

Ignoring the pet name as he holds the door open for me and I mumble a small thank you.

I walk in, flattening  out my white sundress, I didn't want to overdress since the main event would be tonight.

''If it isn't the lovebirds!'' An older French accent speaks up as we make our entrance. I can't help but blush a little. I open my mouth to correct him but Maddox interjects before I get the chance, ''désolé pour l'absence'' (Sorry for the absences).

He holds out his hand for the older man to shake. I am surprised I did not recognize him even though I did a quick look at the guest list tonight.

The man laughs , ''fils absurde'', he brings Maddox into a hug giving him a kiss on both his cheeks.

Son?

''Et qui est cette femme magnifique ?'' He questions, giving me a long glance but he looks at me as if he already knows who I am.

I do not like that look.

Someone knowing me without me not knowing them.

'' Je m'appelle Éléonore Richard, enchante' I stick out my hand for him to shake.

He winks at Maddox as if he's giving him a secret signal, he takes my hand in his , kissing the back of it.

''Alright, that's enough Père''  Maddox grabs my waist abruptly. His father lets go of my hand, sending me a soft smile before leading us to everyone else.

Maddox pulls my chair out before I get the chance to. I give him a small thank you before sitting and he takes the seat right next to me.

My business/networking mode comes on and I start making small conversations with everyone. Well is it still considered small talk if I already know everything about them?

Not that I am a stalker but let's just say I don't like being surprised.

Right now, Victoria Hart- Owner of HartCo is telling me about the renovation they just did on the old store.

''At one point we were debating if we should sell the whole thing.'' She explained it to me.

''Thankfully you saw the potential it still had.'' I give her a warm smile.

''I know, my daughter, you know, Rosalie gave me the idea.'' Her eyes soften a little with the mention of her daughter.

Which makes me think about my children. We still haven't been able to get a hold of Logan.

I put my utensil down, not bothering finishing the rest of my fruit bowl.

''Please, excuse me, I have to use the ladies room.'' I tell Victoria before I get out of my seat.

I see Maddox staring at me confused but I push in my chair heading to the ladies room.

I let out a sigh before I pulled out my phone and hit Ava's contact. After the third ring she finally answered.

I perk up a little until I hear, ''Eleanor, I am so sorry.''

Ava was hyperventilating on the other line and my heart dropped.

------

A/N

I hope you enjoyed!!

Sorry for being gone for so long.

Please check out my new story, ''The Reminisce Of You''.