Chapter 4

Maddox Reed

Eleanor Richard.

She intrigues me for some reason. I don't know if it's because of our first encounter at the cafe or her opening her door in a onesie. She still looked like the prettiest woman on earth, shit she could wear the ugliest outfit on earth  and my opinion wouldn't change.

Fuck. I shouldn't be thinking about her like that, she has two children. I knew she was a parent from the baby wipe she gave me. 

I get pulled out of my thoughts when my best friend and assistant Logan drops a stack of paperwork on my desk.

''Rise and shine!'' He grins ear to ear. It's too early to be this energetic. 

I ignore him, looking at the pile in front of me. I start reading through the paperwork. ''Aww, is grumpy pants ignoring me.'' He pinches my cheek.

 ''Get out before I fire you.'' I slap his hand away. 

''Ouch, I just wanted to inform you about the new company besides us.'' He says, touching the spot I hit.

''Really?'' I turn to face him. Do we have some new competition? This should be interesting. ''Yeah, I heard the boss was a fashion designer and she has amazing design and marketing skills.''

The boss is a lady?

I take a sip of my coffee , waiting for him to continue because I know he still wants to say more. ''I think it'd be a good idea to create a partnership with them.'' He says. I almost choke on my coffee. ''What? We already have partnerships, besides you don't really know if she's that good. '' I told him.

''I know but our stores could use some new designs, I've noticed rates going down in France  and Germany. I think this could increase our  interest rates.'' He passes me a printout of statistics in different countries.

I exam the paper trying to figure out what we're doing wrong. The numbers are satisfying but I know we can do better. 

Before I say anything, I think of the different benefits with creating this new partnership.

''Fine, talk to their boss to see what she has to say, but I'm only available on Wednesday. '' I go back to reading and signing papers. Logan yells 'yes!' raising his fist. ''Now get out of my office.'' I say, shooing him away.

''You'll definitely be thanking me later.'' He winks at me and I scowl at him, before he closes my office door.

After finishing the paperwork I decided to head home around 9pm. I always make sure to complete everything before heading home.

 Once I get home I expect to see Eleanors car parked in front of her house but her parking spot is empty.

-----

I hope you enjoyed!

I hope you enjoyed!

Deze afbeelding leeft onze inhoudsrichtlijnen niet na. Verwijder de afbeelding of upload een andere om verder te gaan met publiceren.