*Chapter 25: I love you

Depuis le début

"C'mon, bite." Did I look like I had a choice? Seriously? "I won't eat until you do," he said, amused by the situation I was in and I wanted to slap him so hard, but went against it. The taste of this so-called dinner was simply too strong and inviting for me to resist. Blame it on me being a pro at making sandwiches or on them coming from Blake's hand, but it had much better taste then any food I've made before. Or maybe blame it on my tears. Damn, I won't be hungry because I cried too much, right?

"There, was it that hard?" he asked before taking a bite himself as I still munched on the one that he gave me. His lips were so inviting, I suddenly remembered the feeling of his lips pressed against mine, instantly missing them. They were so soft and just calling for mine to reunite once again.

Since I seemed to be doing crazy things today, my hand moved on its own. No, this time I wanted it, and so I raised my hand to touch his lips so soft, so inviting, so good. He was stunned at first. He tried to say something, but nothing came out of them. I took that as a good sign, the way his eyes would linger on my lips as well.

"What?" The moment he finally found his words, I could no longer resist. I smashed my lips on his, closing my eyes, savoring the moment. I had a feeling that everything was the way it was supposed to be, that my lips belonged on top of his. After a while, he hadn't shown any kind of reaction, so I decided to pull away, but just as my head started moving backward, he grabbed my head from behind and kissed me. And I wasn't stunned this time. The feeling of belonging hit me again as I started to move my lips in sync with his. His other hand found its way around my waist pulling me closer to him and I gasped when I felt him poking me from under.

He smiled, obviously pleased by my reaction and soon slipped his tongue in my mouth instantly winning the dominance of our kiss as he bit on my lip. This was the first time I initiated a kiss with him, and I enjoyed every single second of it.

Fireworks finally worked. I understood now what other people meant when they said that fireworks exploded when the two fated people kissed. I understood the sole concept of being destined with someone as every inch of my skin screamed that it was finally where it belonged.

When we finally pulled away, we were fighting to catch up with our breaths. He watched me with a grin on his own and I gulped. I liked it so much.

"Now that's what I call a kiss," he said. I buried my face in his shirt in response, hiding my steaming head on his chest as I straddled his lap.

"Shut up," I mumbled, making him laugh. That contagious laughter was something only Blake could make.

"Can I ask you why?" His voice became hoarse, silence fell upon us as his face got more serious. "Why did you kiss me?"

I knew that it was my chance I'd never get again. Perfect opportunity to tell him how I felt about him, about us.

"I . . ." But why was it so hard to confess to those you truly love when it's easy to say the same words to those you don't? Probably because when you confess to one-sided love, you know that your heart won't be broken if you confess to those your heart doesn't belong to when they leave. But I already knew that Blake loved me. Yet again he might have said that just to make me stay.

No, it didn't look like that. That's what I assured myself with. Faith, I had faith in him and his words to hold a sincere meaning.

"You don't have to answer," he started once he had noticed how long it was taking me to do so. "I mean, it's alright if you're confused."

"That's the point, I'm not," I mumbled as I averted my eyes, willing to look anywhere but his face; I even started playing with my hair. Difficult, it was so fucking difficult to confess. "I d-did it be-because I . . ." I gulped, I couldn't. No, I could, I reminded myself. "I l-love you . . . too." I shut my eyes. That was much, much harder than it seemed to be.