*Chapter 23: Unspoken words

One is to fall in love with someone. But it's completely another thing to feel someone else fall in love with you and then feel the responsibility towards that love.

He . . . He had just told me that he loved me.

Blake, the guy I yearned to admit my feelings to but haven't, fearing that he'd laugh in my face, had just confessed his feelings for me. I was happy to know that the feeling of love between us was mutual, but the speed he told me left me so stunned and speechless that I didn't know how to deal with it but to remain silent and stare at him, my eyes wide.

I love you, Kaley Evansville.

I replayed his words in my head over and over again, hope spreading through my mind while warmth spread through my heart knowing his feelings. I thought he hated me, his behavior told me so. I didn't know what to do so I decided to set him free from the responsibility of having to take care of me and our child.

I firmly believed that it was what he wanted and was burdening him, yet he only told me that he loved me in return.

Of course I was stunned. I expected him to celebrate, to smile and go partying the moment those words left my lips, yet he hugged me and did completely another thing. I didn't know how to respond to his words, yet I knew that my feeling mirrored his as I wanted to scream "I love you, too" in his face, but my lips trembled as I forgot how to speak. It was the first time he had left me speechless like that.

"I . . ." couldn't voice my feelings. Why did I feel like that? I did not know. Doubt that I actually didn't love him passed my mind, yet I shook it away as soon as it came. No, I knew that all things I did have proven to me that I loved him.

However, I still couldn't voice them out. Why was it so hard to convey those feelings back? They weren't something terrible I was supposed to be ashamed of. They weren't hateful emotions I should hide from the light of this world, yet I was unable to reveal them.

I couldn't.

It's the way I destroyed everything I cared for. I kept silent when I was supposed to speak and spoke when I was supposed to have kept silent.

"It's alright, you don't have to say that back and I'm fine with that," his voice whispered, his eyes held unknown fear to me, I was never met with such sad and fearful eyes like I did at the moment. Not even Ayden's eyes when our car got hit and he didn't know what was going around could match the helplessness in Blake's eyes.

"But I . . ." I tried to reason, however I failed. I couldn't, I was still unable to say it back.

"Even I wouldn't be able to love someone like me back," he continued, his smile forced. My eyes widened as I fought tears that threatened to fall. No, that was not true, you're a wonderful person Blake, you helped me and you're helping people all around the world with your company and projects.

"Just please, don't leave me alone. Please," his voice sounded so desperate, his look held true fear of losing someone. And I already told him that I would be leaving only if he wanted me to.

"I won't," I replied as I finally moved my arms and engulfed him in a tight hug. Never, I was never going to leave him.

"And you're not stupid, if someone's the stupid one here, it would be me," he said, my tears resumed. We were not stupid. We were just confused. We're young and we didn't understand many things, but we loved and feared that love at the same time. We were slowly growing together, we didn't start out healthy, our relationship was so twisted that we were bound to suffer and feel happiness at oddest moments.