13

excuse mistakes!
enjoy🤍.

𝐀𝐌𝐀𝐍𝐈 𝐉𝐇𝐄𝐍𝐄 𝐒𝐈𝐍𝐂𝐋𝐀𝐈𝐑𝙾𝙼𝙽𝙸𝚂𝙲𝙸𝙴𝙽𝚃 | 𝚆𝙰𝚂𝙷𝙸𝙽𝙶𝚃𝙾𝙽, 𝙳𝙲𝙵𝚁𝙸𝙳𝙰𝚈, 𝙽𝙾𝚅𝙴𝙼𝙱𝙴𝚁 𝟸𝟹, 𝟸𝟶𝟸𝟷▂▂▂▂▂▂▂

𝙾𝙼𝙽𝙸𝚂𝙲𝙸𝙴𝙽𝚃 | 𝚆𝙰𝚂𝙷𝙸𝙽𝙶𝚃𝙾𝙽, 𝙳𝙲
𝙵𝚁𝙸𝙳𝙰𝚈, 𝙽𝙾𝚅𝙴𝙼𝙱𝙴𝚁 𝟸𝟹, 𝟸𝟶𝟸𝟷
▂▂▂▂▂▂▂

AMANI RUBBED over the thin mustache that was growing faint above Kentrell's top lip.

She sighed.

Thanksgiving was tomorrow and they wouldn't even be able to celebrate it together.

He had been laying in this bed for about two weeks now. The good news, however, was that he was now able to breath on his own.

Collapsed lungs only took about a week or two to heal, so now he was fully off the life support machine.

The only thing that was moving was his chest and sometimes she would be able to see his eyes moving underneath his lids.

"Ight, Shirley tryna press charges on you," Horace hung up the phone, making his way into the room.

He had left the room to talk with her lawyers on her behalf.

Amani was in no shape to talk to anyone. She had ghosted a few people these past two weeks.

If she wasn't flying out to see Kentrell, she was back in BR in her bed and doing work from home.

"I don't care," She mumbled, "It's not gonna hold up in court anyways."

"I know. You ain't let me finish," Horace spoke, moving to sit beside her.

He kissed her shoulder, staring at Kentrell over her shoulder.

"She's willing to settle for money outside of court. She'll drop the charges and shit."

"How much?"

Horace ran his fingers through her ponytail, "2.5 million dollars."

Amani instantly snapped her neck over to him.

"I don't have that kind of fucking money!"

"I know, Amani."

It was silent in the hospital room aside from the machine beeping and Kentrell's steady breathing.

"But I do. I already wired da money ta ha stupid ass."

Amani smiled, wrapping her arms around his neck, "Thank you. I'll pay you back as soon as I can, okay?"