bonus chapter #4

iMESSAGE

Today, 09:29 P

Today, 09:29 P.M.

Maggie:
bb you busy?

Rafa:
Nawp, just reading for tomorrow's lecture. Why?

Rafa:
Miss me?

Maggie:
Just wondering, kailan at paano mo
ako nagustuhan?

Rafa:
You mean as someone more than my best friend?

Maggie:
Oo

Rafa:
I mean, for one, you're my best friend.
I don't think may mas hihigit pa sa rason na yun.

Rafa:
Jass and Monty are my best friends, too, but it's different with you. It's hard to explain, but yeah.

Rafa:
Plus you're really charming. Sometimes I look at you and I have this strong urge to hug you and kiss you. That doesn't sound very platonic, does it?

Maggie:
Really? Like kiss kiss?

Rafa:
Yeah HAHAHA

Maggie:
Hay nako 🤨

Rafa:
But why the sudden question?

Maggie:
I don't know. I guess I'm just guilty that it took me a while to reciprocate those feelings.

Rafa:
Nah, I wouldn't have it any other way, Mags. You did reciprocate it. . . just in a different way.

Rafa:
You were always there for me when I needed someone to talk to, or you always have time to annoy me even though we're both busy.

Rafa:
Palagi mo rin akong inaaya kapag may lakad ka, and you sometimes cook for me. I remember in high school, I used to eat with you during breaks. And kapag may ginagawa ako while eating, like my homework that I forgot to do, you'd feed me, sharing your spoon. You made sure that I ate something because I had basketball training in the afternoon.

Rafa:
You also used to borrow my hoodie whenever you'd get cold and return it smelling all you. Sabi ko ayaw ko na ulit maamoy pabango mo sa damit ko, but I secretly liked it.

Rafa:
And then whenever we'd hungout sa bahay, kapag nanonood tayo, you'd let me rest my head on your lap and massage my hair, and then you'd complain na amoy pawis kamay mo after (which is not true, by the way).

Maggie:
TOTOO KAYA 🤨

Rafa:
Maybe, but the point is, it's those little things that made up my mind that, ah, I like her more than being my best friend.

Maggie:
So gusto mo na ako even before?

Rafa:
Yeah, I guess. Pero ayoko lang aminin sa sarili ko because I wanted to preserve our friendship and if keeping my feelings is the only way, then so be it.

Rafa:
It sounds cliché, but it's scarier than you think. Losing you meant that I would lose my best friend, my other half, and someone I can lean on to when I needed to rest. And that's something I can't afford to lose.

Rafa:
Until Miguel started calling you Mags which pissed me off to no end. That's my nickname for you. Mine only.

Maggie:
HAHAHAHA PLEASE FORGIVE
MIGUEL ALREADY

Rafa:
😡

Maggie:
I love you, you know. Maybe even before I knew my feelings. Sorry din kasi ang bagal ko makaramdam.

Maggie:
And thank you for also being there for me especially when my parents broke up. I know may mga problema ka rin noon, pero palagi ka pa ring nasa tabi ko. And I never thanked you for that.

Rafa:
You are thanking me now, Mags.

Maggie:
I just wished I'd realize it sooner.

Rafa:
Then where's the build up in that? Walang sense yung pag kiss mo sa akin sa party. That's the biggest moment.

Maggie:
Lagi mo na lang yan bini-bring up
Oo na nga ako na humalik 😡

Rafa:
HAHAHAHAHA CAN'T FORGET IT

Maggie:
😡

Rafa:
Some of the best moments of my life were with you, Mags. ❤