fifty-six

iMESSAGE

Today, 12:01 P

Today, 12:01 P.M.

Maggie:
You're still not back? :(
Kain tayo sa tapsilugan kapag
nandito ka na ha

Maggie:
Your treat 😝

Rafa:
Wow bigla akong may gastos?

Rafa:
But yeah, I still have one more week before I'm allowed to go back to school.
Though still with a cast.

Maggie:
So hindi ka na makakalaro?

Rafa:
Probably not for a long time.
It makes me sad to be honest.
I thought it's just a few weeks and I can still make it on the upcoming tournament, but at this rate, coach won't allow me.

Maggie:
I wish I went to your games. :(

Rafa:
Nah, it's fine. You were busy with your own thing too. But this is good news for you.

Maggie:
Why? 😳

Rafa:
Because then I can watch with you on the bleachers and introduce you properly to Miguel.

Maggie:
INTRODUCE?!

Rafa:
Well, yeah. You want my help right?
So I'm here to tell you that a lot of guys appreciate when you make the first move. So a proper introduction should be done, don't you think?

Rafa:
A proper because the first one you were a total stranger in that clinic. And the second, we were in a rush.

Maggie:
BUT WHAT IF I STUTTER

Rafa:
You won't, Mags. You managed to speak to him two times now. How hard can it be?

Maggie:
You don't understand because you're such an easy talker 😑

Maggie:
What if I get shy?

Rafa:
Why?

Maggie:
Because

Rafa:
Because what? You don't think he's interested?

Maggie:
Truthfully? Yes. Do you?

Rafa:
I would be.

Maggie:
Yes, but that's you. You know me. You've seen me at my worst aspects. In my worst angles.

Rafa:
Maggie, what is it really? You were hellbent on making him notice you and now you're suddenly afraid? What's the matter?

Maggie:
I guess I'm just afraid that he won't like me. Like me beyond the gifts I'm giving. Because that's like knowing the superficial me. Ewan. Sometimes I'm just insecure.

Rafa:
But you're an amazing person, Mags.
You're smart, sassy, fun to be with.
What's not to love about you?