Chalice Filled Purple

Start from the beginning

Beathan reluctantly retracted his hand as the former elaborated, "That is certainly the case, however, that does not mean you have placed full restrictions that collide with expansionistic agendas. As you have said, you and your colleagues, meaning there was a mutual agreement that was met with a compromise. If such weren't the case, my nephew would still be honing swords in Etitsin."

"Will it suffice me to say that your nephew's downfall is the motive here ?"

"In a good way," He confirmed, "My eyes have determined why his withered while the others remained untouched, while you might be drawing fences you're still one of the biggest fish in the pond. Influence can come a long way, you know that. When my nephew refused to play as the lapdog, he got what you warned him."

Alexander's face retracted to one that showed no emotion. Beathan noticed the sudden change as their eyes met, and a chill crept down his spine. The night was already cold for him, even with his coat. But he knew that his words struck a nerve, a notion that gave him the leverage he needed.

"I hope the ordeal still revolves around what you're willing to offer, not your nephew's failed venture. Otherwise, we shall end this parley, milord," He opened his mouth to continue after what was minutes of silence between the two.

Beathan chuckles, he believes that he has the man in his palm. The lord waves his finger before answering back, "Leave if you want, and as for my offer, have you ever thought of expanding towards other frontiers of trading? Dicathen's steel has improved quite drastically ever since the dwarves bettered their metallurgy, more durable and cheaper. Wouldn't it be a waste to use them as just tools of war? Sooner or later you'll find yourself getting smaller, as small as those who you want to keep small."

"Fences have been set to even out the playing field," Alexander pressed.

"I'm not talking about your name being stamped all over the place," The man reassured, "Your compromise has a loophole and you know it. I'm here to help you thread the eye of the needle you created."

"And what makes you think that I haven't said the same thing to my other associates?"

"Because you want to be a clean slate, these men are what kept you alive. You've already dived down too far why take another and risk being drowned? This is where I come in, for I know every single stall in the city's marketplace, some have the potential to make us a pool out of liquid gold, and the first thing we need first is to pour them the silver needed. You invest in these companies for a share, I heavily promote them and everyone gets their divide of the profits." He stretched his hand again, this time his right hand.

 "So, what do you say?" He asked.

||Varay Aurae||

The moonlight pierced through the windows, illuminating the outside which had a picturesque view of the manor while I leaned hard on the left side of the carriage, staring blankly as the steeds carried on at a steady pace.

In the front entrance, a familiar figure stood, her hands clasped together as if to pray. Moments later my ride stopped as the axel shrieked while the mounts neighed, at last, home. The carriage bounced as the coach disembarked, approached the door, and turned the knob.

"We have arrived, milady." He announced while graciously bowing at the waist.

"Lady Varay, welcome back!" Cierra greeted me as I got out of the carriage.

She hugged me tightly and I embraced her the same. I turned back and paid the kind man four silver coins. We made haste to enter after that, it was starting to rain as thunder echoed throughout. The doors were closed soon and my coat slithered out of my slouched shoulders as the sound of downpour began to fill my ears, with a single whiff indicating a noticeable change.