Chapter Thirteen

Matt McAlistair

I like Alcmene don’t get me wrong, however when she left, I had some awesome times mostly because it turns out my mate is Persie. I am extremely relieved and when we got Jackson to look after the twins, we got to be together. I don’t think she knows we are mates, but we didn’t either before this.

When we left my dragon didn’t feel the strange urge to stay for his mate like he did every other time he thought about leaving and when we left, we could still smell the mate scent so it would have to be Persephone or Jackson as the twins are too young and I don’t want to bone Jackson and I am in love with Persie, always have been.

She is amazing, Persie. I can’t stop looking at her and it physically pains me to be away from her, so I touch her everywhere all the time and she hasn’t had any complaints. I also feel this weird urge to cook but I’m awful, so I don’t give into that one.

As of now we have only kissed for her it is probably still too weird to do anything more with her childhood friend. But right now, when Alcmene got back and her new dragon mate told me I wasn’t allowed to touch her I can kind of understand the thought of an unmated male touching Persie got me seeing red and as it always had I scared off all interested males when we grew up and there was a lot of them, even a few girls.

I am excited to be heading out this house is kind of creepy so as soon as Qamar gave the word I shifted and laid down for Persie to hop on my back and I notice the twins opt to ride with Qamar. I see him talk off and I do too as gently as possible to keep Persie from falling and as though he can sense my worry Qamar speaks into my mind.

Young dragon how old are you?

17 years old. Why how old are you.

I am considered young to most dragons and I am around 2,000. Makes sense why you know so little about your magic. Do you know anything about dragons?

No, well, what most humans know. Dragons are reptiles with wings that hoard gold and breathe fire.

That is some pretty basic information. Okay dragons are reptilian resembling large lizards however we are not reptiles. Some can breathe fire but not all some have different breaths. We do hoard gold however we also hoard other rare metals and jewels. We do so not only out of greed, but they give us our magic and strengthen us when we sleep on it and eventually to impress our mates. You will need to start one as a parent usually gives a dragonet its first treasure before they leave. As you already have a mate you can also hoard favorite things of hers. Okay some basic history is that around 2500 years ago and before dragons existed with humans not peacefully but not with a lot of death and wars either. The humans were scared of us and we didn’t see the point in wasting our energy on them. Then St. George came along and killed some dragons and we were angry so we hid but after hiding for some time to save our energy we slept a sleep only awakened by our mates sometimes you sleep for thousands of years and then you are awake until your mate dies then you sleep or die but once your mate dies you will have a lifespan of one hundred years in case of a second-chance mate however they are extremely rare and they won’t feel the mate bond meaning you have to prove yourself a worthy and desirable male and mate. We still hide and sleep except for a few years before your mate is born where you wake and collect as much gold as possible to be at your strongest and make sure you have all the treasure to impress her.

How much treasure do you have?

Careful there, if you ever meet another awakened dragon that question is typically private only known by the dragon and mate of the dragon and maybe the dragonets depending on the pair. All I will tell you is Alcmene was impressed. I know that your mate doesn’t feel the mate bond and so when we get to my place, I will allow you to leave occasionally to find treasure, your dragon will know where. I wish you luck.