~

It had been about a while since Astrid had left the base. And she still had seen no sign of Sophie. "Where could she be?" She groaned.

Astrid ran around a little longer until she turned the corner to the back of a random building. From afar, she could see Valko pulling on Sophie's arm. And Sophie struggling to get away from him.

Astrid quickly ran over and kicked him away. Valko fell back white far. He stood up confused and realized that someone else had shown up.

"Astrid, what are you doing here?" Sophie questioned.

"No time to ask questions. Get out of here." Astrid warned. Sophie went to protest, but Iris pushed her away. "Get back to the base. You're not safe here. I'll be fine."

Sophie nodded her head and started running away. Astrid turned back to Valko, sending him and angry glare. "Who are you?" He asked angrily.

"None of your business."

Valko didn't even get the chance to ask another question when she ran over to him and dropped him to the floor. Unfortunately she didn't have the morpher like the others had, so there was no way for her to make an arrest like them. The only thing she could do was fight and give Sophie time to run.

Valko stood up with an evil laugh. "So I was right, you are just fast. Your seed is impeccable. That could also be quite useful to control Gorodon." He spoke.

Astrid tilted her head in confusion, but the angry glare never went away. "Stay away from her and the rest of S.P.D."

"Out of my way!"

Valko began running straight towards her. But Astrid could see all his next moves. One second she was right in front of him, the next she was right behind him. "Stop playing games!"

He started running in the direction that Sophie ran, but Astrid ran to stop him. She wasn't prepared to feel a wave of electricity to run all over her body. Astrid groaned in pain as she fell to the floor.

"Didn't expect that, did you now? You'll be like that for quite a while." Valko laughed. He grabbed Astrid's arm and aggressively lifted her up. "As useful as you would be, my main focus is on the computer."

He held her high up in the air, then aggressively threw her against the wall. Astrid hit her head as she fell to the floor. Her arm, her head, her whole body was just hurting. She couldn't even move an inch.

It was no wonder why Cruger made her train. She clearly wasn't ready for the stuff the Rangers were dealing with.

Astrid looked up back up. He held up a weird device, then suddenly disappeared into thin air. Astrid knew she had no chance against him now. And with the energy she felt was gone, there no way she could've caught up to Sophie in time.

~

Astrid was in the infirmary patching up her arm and her head. Her body was still hurting, but not as much as it did before. She had no clue where the other were at, but she wasn't in the mood to talk with them.

The doors opened up and entered Cruger. "What happened?" He asked.

"I went to find Sophie. I ended up running into Valko. It didn't go so well."

Cruger let out a light growl, but he didn't say anything. Astrid shook her head and scoffed to herself. "Are you sure I'm really needed here? Even with my speed, I'm still weak and slow."

"With enough training, I'm sure you can get far."

"I think it's pretty useless to waist your time on me. It's not like I'm going to be here forever. If anything, I'll be leaving as soon as I can." Astrid frowned.

"So I heard." Cruger commented.

Astrid looked at him confused. "Did Bridge tell you?"

Cruger shook his head. "Kat did.

"Kat?" Astrid questioned.

"I'm guessing you haven't had the chance to talk to her yet. But she was there for your birth. She knows more about you than you think."

"I keep finding something knew everyday." Astrid mumbled. "Can you not tell the Jack and Z about it?" She asked.

"But you told Bridge? Why not Jack and Z?"

"I'm not sure why I told Bridge. Something about him just made me trust him. And I was going to tell them. But at one point I just gave up. Now I've been trying to push myself away from them. But even that's kinda hard to do." Astrid said.

"If word about this get's out to the others, they won't be so happy about it. And it's not just Z and Jack that you need to worry about. The more time you spend with Bridge, the more attached he'll become." Cruger commented.

"I know. And I kinda regret it already. Which is why my stay here is temporary. The sooner I leave, the better. Bridge won't be so attached, and Jack and Z won't need to worry about me anymore."

"I'll scold you for all this later on. For now, let's head back to the command center while the Ranger's are on their search."

"Search? What search?"

"To look for Sophie."

~

When the two reached the command center, the building began to shake. Astrid leaned against the wall to keep herself up. When it was done, the sirens began to go off. "Gorodon is attacking." Cruger said.

"Faze two won't go online." Kat said.

"Call the Rangers. Send the zords." He commanded.

Kat turned to Astrid. Astrid nodded her head and ran straight to the computer while Kat went to contact the Rangers.

Astrid could feel the building moving into the zords.

While they worked silently, Cruger stood in by the large screen watching the fight. He suddenly spoke up, but neither Astrid or Kat were able to hear what he said. "Did you say something?" Kat asked.

He turned around and started making his way to the door. "Keep at it Ms.Manx. Come with me Astrid."

Astrid stopped what she was doing and went to follow Cruger. "Where are we going?"

"To a fight."

~

Sophie was lifted from the ground and back to her feet. Valko raised his hand, and Sophie closed her eyes, waiting for Valko to make his next move and destroy her. But a hand grabbed his arm. "It's not nice to pick on people."

Astrid quickly ran to Sophie and helped her back onto her feet. "Astrid, get Sophie out of here." Cruger commanded.

"But-"

"Don't fight. Just go." He said.

Astrid gave a hum and ran off with Sophie. The two were back at the base within seconds. Sophie looked around confused, then back to Astrid. "I can't be here. I was-"

"Expelled. Yeah, I heard." Astrid said angrily. "But you're back. That's all the matters."

"But I'm a cyborg. I don't belong here."

"Who care's that you're a cyborg. Let's get to the command center."

Astrid turned around, but she felt a tug on her arm. She turned back around to face Sophie. "Thank you." Sophie smiled.

Astrid gave back a slight smile. "Anytime."

Hope you enjoyed!
Updates every Friday and Monday!