Fifty Three

Long chapter. Above 3000 words.
Please VOTE and Comment 💓

Anand had told Isha about the marriage proposal on the call and wanted to discuss it yesterday. But Isha pushed it a day ahead. And today, here they are, at Anand's family mansion.

Daddu was delighted to know about the marriage proposal for Isha. He believed Khanna's were perfect match for their family.

"I may have done mistakes in the past. But I want my grandchildren to be truly happy and lived a blessed life." Was Daddu admitting to his mistake of marrying his son to Nandini when they hated the idea?, Gita wondered.

There was an awkward silence in the room after which Daddu continued, "See Isha, our Anand is so happy with Gita. I knew a girl like her is the perfect match for him. And I am sure Anand must have seen something in Vivek that he approves Vivek for you." Daddu spoke with a smile on his face which was extremely rare for a stoic man like him.

Isha nodded her head knowing very well that her Bhai wants her to marry Vivek to seal the deal.

On the other hand, Gita observed Daddu and she found no malice in his love for his grandchildren. It really seemed like he wanted his grandchildren to have good partners.

May be what happened with his son had changed his perspective a bit?

A lot of discussion later and Isha's father asking her if she wants to marry or not...Isha said yes to the marriage, much to Gita's shock.

The cup in Gita's hand was almost about to fall when she managed to balanced it. She looked at the happy faces of the family while she herself couldn't manage to fake a happy face.

"This happy news calls for the best dessert! Order it from Isha's favourite bakehouse." Daddu ordered his butler.

While Anand, his father and Daddu got busy in their talks, Isha and Gita went to the lawn.

Isha could sense the questions Gita had in her mind as they both sat on the lawn amidst the beautiful sunset.

"You see the wall there," Isha pointed out to the backside of the lawn at the wall that was painted in off white,"Now, it's redone but when we were in our teens Bhai and I had scribbled a lot of things there."

"While we were always the children who painted well and loved to draw on different surfaces but that particular wall was like a graffiti wall where we scribbled things we wanted our mind to remember.

Over the years, I think I forgot the scribbled things but yesterday I realised it is imprinted in my mind. You know what we scribbled there repeatedly? We also screamed it out loud at times.
We scribbled 'love is a stupid thing.'
Yesterday, I realised how true it was."

Gita just listened to her carefully. She concluded that it was due to their parent's marriage that they scribbled this one the wall.

"Why did you say yes to the marriage?" Gita didn't care if she looked stupid while asking this question. But it was important for her to have answers.

"And what else should I do? Desperately cry for the person who doesn't want me anymore? I asked Bhai to push it one day ahead because I went to Rohan yesterday to ask him for one last time. I thought he would beg for my forgiveness," Isha shook her head thinking about her stupidity, "Forget asking for forgiveness, he told me to lead my life happily."

"Gita, I am not the bigger person. I gave him a chance that he didn't take. Like Bhai says, this is a good deal. If I don't like Khanna, I will break the marriage off after a year." Isha tried controlling her tears remembering Rohan and his words.