Fifteen

Upon reaching the bar in the town side of the city, Gita realized how under dressed she was because of the constant scrutinizing gaze of the security. Gita looked down at her attire. It was a normal t shirt and jeans. The security wondering whether this girl knows about the place to enter so under dressed and not groomed. Her frizzy hair sticking out and beads of sweat formed on her forehead, making her look out of the place. He looked at her for two more seconds and let her in.

Gita entered the dark place, not a hint of sunlight there, just edgy lights sticking out giving it a rustic look.  There were very less people around. Gita could see a girl slumped down on the table. She went to her with urgency.
"Isha, get up." Gita shook her by her shoulders.

"Relax, I am just sleeping, I am not so drunk that I would fall on the table." Isha laughed.

Gita looked at her perplexed. Till the time she didn't see Isha, her heartbeat was in her mouth. While traveling here, she had weird thoughts listening to drunk Isha on the call and only Gita knew how she managed to keep calm. And Isha is asking her to relax!

"Isha, let's get you home."

"Noo. I called you here to say something , our shh shh secret," Isha slurred. "So, promise not to tell anyone, especially Bhai." She asked with her pinky finger forward, asking Gita to lock her finger with hers as a sign of promise. Gita locked her finger with hers,  knowing there is no winning with  Isha. Her concern was to get Isha out of here and to her home safely. Although, Isha claimed to be not 'that' drunk, Gita didn't want to take risk.

"Isha, I promise. Now, tell me." Gita said getting restless.

"Okay. Okay." She paused and then pursed her lips, ready to say but again stopped. Gita's heartbeat increased with anticipation. "I am in love, Gitaaa." Isha almost yelled out. Her happiness showing on her face. Isha wanted to tell the world but right now, Gita would do. Isha had never felt this emotion so strongly before. She wanted to declare the world like it is in movies, yelling on the streets or from the terrace, at the top of her voice. But that was not possible because she didn't want to be declared crazy and her grandfather and brother would have her head, almost.

Gita, on the other hand, was stunned and too shock to express anything. Her eyes wide and brows stretched. She didn't know what to say. Sure, these two were friends but those had never discussed something personal and now, Isha randomly declares she is in love. Gita controlled her astonished self. She had too many questions in her head.

"I met him a year ago and he is just the sweetest. He was at the club and we just clicked. I was not sure what all those feelings were but now, I can happily say I am in love." Isha excitedly said. Gita laughed looking at Isha, talking so animated and excited. How lucky are those in love?  Gita often wondered.

Gita digged a bit more about the guy from Isha. "He has ventured into start up. Two years ago, it was not so steady but now he is growing. My friends know about him. But I wanted my family to know and who better than you to begin with?" Isha said.

"Oh my god. I am so elated you told me this!" Gita said clapping her hands but more than that,she was happy that Isha called her family and considered her in the first place.

"Gita, I am hoping you would do two things for me. Somehow convince Bhai, make him open to this idea. If he is convinced, he can manage Daddu."

"Are you serious? You think I can convince your brother?" Gita snorted.

"See, I am not saying I want to get married tomorrow and convince him. I am just saying start sowing the seed in his mind. Please." Isha's desperate plea could be heard in her voice.

"But why will Anand be difficult? I mean sure he can be protective as a brother. But don't worry, he will agree." Gita herself was a bit unsure while saying this. But she didn't understand why Isha would ask her to sow the seed in Anand's mind.

Isha shook her head, "Sometimes, I think my family just likes being difficult. Bhai is not very protective about me. Infact, he personally doesn't care about my dates or relationships, just acts like it infront of Daddu, but when it will come to marriage with my guy, I know he will be difficult."

"Big deal Isha. Marriage is a big deal so they will make sure you get the right guy. That doesn't mean they will never accept him. If you and your boyfriend is serious about each other, I think Anand will agree." Gita assured her.

Isha just huffed, all sober now due to this discussion. Gita was totally missing her point.

"Look darling, he doesn't really match our standards. This alliance won't be of any profit to them. Nor is his past like a Saint. So, if not even one of these requirements get a tick, why would my family even consider him?" Isha explained.

Gita didn't know what to say. Why would they care about Isha's boyfriend's status when they didn't care about hers?

"But Isha, even my family doesn't match upto your standard."

"Yes, but it is you. So that doesn't matter." Whatever she said, Gita didn't understand much but it was not the right time to ask Isha about this statement.

"Can we please go home now, Isha?" Gita thought she will have to drag Isha out of this place.

"No. You promise me all the things I said." Isha demanded like a child.

"You just said one favor...what was the other thing?" Gita remember she wanted two things from her. But Isha never explained the second thing.

"That I will tell you tomorrow when I will make him meet you. So be ready." Isha smiled again when she mentioned him. Gita saw this change of expression whenever this 'him' comes up and truly hoped that Isha gets all she wants.

___________________

So sorry to update so late.

Plz vote and comment :)

I have not edited it and there might be mistakes...you are welcome to point them out !

Happy Holi 🧡💛💚💙