Chapter 10

Road to 15k reads! Thank you all!

-

"One, two, three, four—stop! What's wrong?" Heqas stopped counting the miniature boxes and asked me once she noticed my struggles.

"We ran out of glue." I plainly said.

She rolled her eyes, "Then buy."

"Ano ako utusan, ikaw bumili."

"Ako ako utusan? Come on, Lia. We need to finish this today." She groaned.

I arched my eyebrow, "May I remind you who constructed the body, provided the blueprints, and the materials?"

She glared at me, "Me!"

"Then provide again." I nonchalantly said.

"Ms. Sinclair and Ms. Ruiz, do you have any concerns?" Miss Schott inquired as she walked to our place.

I sighed, shrugging. Heqas spokes, "Miss, can I pass individually?"

My eyes flickered, "Excuse me?"

"Why? This is a paired project. Any problem with your partner?" Miss Schott confusedly asked, while eyeing me severely.

"No, Miss. We're perfectly fine. We just sorted out the materials, and I'm asking her to get some since I left my wallet at home." I politely said.

I could feel Heqas' death glares, but all I could do was grin secretly. Miss Schott hummed, thinking, "Okay, class, since your project is due on Friday. You can take it home and continue with your partner."

Nakahinga ako ng maluwag sa anunsyo ni Miss Schott. She gave us an activity to build a realistic model of anything we commonly see in the streets. I don't have any idea what the connection is between this and our subject to her, which is AHC (Asian Heritage Culture), but we decided to build a sari-sari store as it was the most common store we usually see.

"Class dismissed."

"Ako na tatapos." Simple kong anas sabay tayo.

She contorted her face into sarcasm, "How can I entrust you with my grades e wala ka ngang ambag."

"Edi ikaw gumawa." Madali lang naman ako kausap.

"I can't believe you. Fine, I'll do it by myself, but don't expect me to include your name."

I raised my eyebrows, "That's why I'm offering you na ako na ang tatapos."

"You work sucks." She hissed before walking out pero pinigilan ko siya sa braso kaya muntik ng mahulog ang project namin, "See, panira ka lang."

Napakafoul naman nito magsalita.

I sighed, "Fine, give me your address, I'll cooperate. I'm free tomorrow."

Mukhang nagiisip pa siya sa suhestiyon ko pero sa huli ay bumuntong hininga nalang ito, "After class on Wed—"

"I said on Tues—"

"Wednesday, after class. Period." She bluntly responded before walking out of the room.

Dammit.

I was headed to the library when I noticed Professor Gomez heading past the faculty building's hallway.

After the jelly night we had with Professor Avery, I was apprehensive about whether I should approach her. She was the one who drove Miss Avery home of her own volition. I didn't pursue it because she wasn't sloshed and knew the professor better than I did.

"Maam!"

She threw me a neutral face as she stared at my side, "What?"

"That looks heavy, Maam. Tulungan na ho kita."