Episode 13: The Ponds

"Wow..." I gasp. The silver ponds of truths were beautiful. There were various sparkly cyan ponds scattered within the cave. Despite being in a cave, it was not dark. The ponds lit the place well. Russia and I begin to walk around admiring the place. We were not exactly sure of what to do.

"Hey America..." Russia calls. I turn my head and see that he points to a strange stone in the cave. It was as tall as us and it matched the interior of the cave. But what was most strange about it was that it sat directly in the middle of a shallow pond and was sparkling silver. With my hand in his, we slowly crept over to it. The pond water on our feet was still and warm. As we approached the rock closer, we could make out more details. There were two hollow outlines of a star and a circle. I slowly trace a finger over it, "I think we have to put something in here..." I say.

"Well in that case..." he places his rock in the circle outline. The rock makes a loud click sound. I look over to Russia like he was a genius. "Of course!" I say eagerly. I lift my shirt to reveal my star. I carefully place my hand over it and try to take it off. However I can not get it off. Russia watches me struggle, "Do you need help?" he offers.

"Yes, it will not come out!" I complain. He looks at me with concern. "Here, let me try." He attempts prying the star out of me with his hand. It still would not budge.

"Now what do we do?" I ask.

"Um you grab one end and I will grab the other!" he suggests. So we do exactly that. The star flies off and plunges into the water. A numbness shoots through my body and I feel myself falling backwards.

"Ah!" Russia says quickly before catching me. The numbness fades and I am back to normal. I stare into his eyes as he holds me. My cheeks flare up as I choke out a "t-thank you..." I could still feel the vile. He smirks at me for a moment before bringing me back up- but he does not let go. "Do not mention it, at this point it is my job to catch you."

I smile softly, "Will you still catch me if I fall for you?" I watch his face change colors and he becomes a mute again. I chuckle tenderly but I am interrupted by a gentle kiss on my lips.

"Always." he says. I blush happily underneath him and kiss him once again passionately. When we pull away for air I speak, "After all of this is over, I want to be with you in our most favorite place forever."

"And as do I! But first, we must learn of who gave us the blindfolds..." he turns to face the strange stone while slowly lifting me back up. I nod my head in determination and let him go. I walk over to my star in the water and I scoop it up. With it in my hand, I make my way to the stone. When I stand a foot in front of it, I begin to reach the star to its designated place.

"Wait!" Russia calls causing me to halt.

"What?" I turn and fixate my gaze upon him.

"What if we... what if we learn something bad about each other and it tears us apart?" he asks.

"I have not a clue of my past behavior nor actions, and neither do you. Can we really still consider ourselves responsible for someone we do not even know anymore? We might have changed for the better. We will have to put the past behind us and move on. It does not make sense to hold a grudge that is not ours anymore." I reassure.

"Even if it is really really bad?" he presses. I cock my eyebrow up. Now he was acting suspicious. "Why? Do you know something?" I ask.

His eyes slightly widen. "Well I- ...I might have heard a few things during the course of when we were separated..."

"What kind of things?" I ask with squinted eyes.

"Very bad things... mostly crime related; just- just please promise me that we will not view each other differently after this America..." he says.

"Russia..." I begin.

"Promise me!" he quickly says.

I stare at him defeatedly, his eyes laced with fear and desperation. Was it really that bad? I sigh, "I promise you Russia..." I say.

His lips crinkle into a small smile. "Thank you..."

I smile back at him sincerely, "Do not worry, we are in this together..."

I place the star into the slot hearing it click and the rock sparkles an even stronger silver. I take a step back next to Russia. I can see the astonishment in his eyes. We then hear the most graceful majestic whispers that say "truth" repeatedly. The pond sparkles and a wave comes that sweep us gently off our feet. The water was tranquil and a bit chilly. It felt refreshing, like a new start.

We float on our backs and the water is no longer shallow. Russia floats above my head and his body goes in the opposite direction of mine. I turn my head to face and look at him. He does the same. We gaze into each other's eyes while the surface of the water splits our faces in half. I smile softly at him and he returns the gesture. We slowly sink beneath the water and I feel my eyes getting heavy. I entrust the process and have not a single ounce of alarm in me, I can feel it is safe. We must learn the truth. It was destined that we were supposed to be here.

I feel my eyes shut and I slowly lose consciousness. I begin to hear voices; and one of these many voices sound exactly like mine.