𝙘𝙝𝙖𝙥𝙩𝙚𝙧 𝙛𝙤𝙪𝙧

Warren threw open the door to cabin five

Warren threw open the door to cabin five. It hit the wall with a deafening BANG, and all of her siblings whipped around to look at her. They were grouped together on the bottom bunks, in the middle of an intense conversation.

"What the hell was that!" Warren shouted, glaring daggers at Clarisse.

Her sister lifted her chin haughtily. "You're going to have to be more specific."

"Cut the crap, Clare. You threw a hissy fit at the council meeting."

"I was getting us what's rightfully ours!"

"And what, exactly, would that be?"

"The flying chariot," Maya spoke up.

"The what?"

"The chariot," Maya continued. "We raided some of Luke's demigods in Philadelphia, they were flying it."

"And what does that have to do with the Apollo cabin?" Warren asked.

"Because," Ellis said. "We led the raid, but Apollo seized the chariot. They think that makes it theirs."

"They wouldn't have gotten anywhere near it if it wasn't for us!" Clarisse yelled. "They all whine and cry for Ares to come in and do the dirty work that they're too weak to do! And how are we repaid? With a big fat 'screw you'. And I'm tired of it!"

Warren exhaled hard and tugged a hand through the roots of her hair. "I get it, but Clare...we're in the middle of a war. The camp needs us. You can't withdraw our support! You don't have the authority, and even if you did, it would be a stupid move."

"The stupid move is letting the camp use us!" Clarisse said. "It's like I said, no justice, no cooperation."

Warren turned to the rest of her siblings. "And how do you feel about all of this, huh? The end of the world in exchange for Clarisse's bruised ego?"

Naomi shifted uncomfortably. "I mean...I hate the way everyone talks about us, like we're not even there. We deserve more recognition."

"Yeah," Mark said. "There's no respect. We need to take a stand."

"I can't believe I'm hearing this," Warren muttered.

"Of course you wouldn't get it," Clarisse said. "You're the only one of us that gets treated fairly."

"That's not true!"

Clarisse raised an eyebrow. "Isn't it? People are nice to you. You are dating the golden boy. You get to break the rules and go on quests. And you get rewarded for it! Do you think any of us have that privilege? Do you think any of us could step an inch out of line? Don't think I don't know what people say about me."

"I didn't know you felt that way," Warren said, stunned. "But we can handle our issues ourselves. We don't have to bring the whole camp into it. People are going to die."