Chapter 49 - The Devil is a Secret Vigilante

[A/n: I had to include other POVs, such as Miorith's and Gretarioth's because the fighting wouldn't finish otherwise. Since both Callahan and Carson are not present, I did the other POVs in third person. Also, there are some clues that will be revealed because we still don't know what happened between Almorach and Callahan]

Gretarioth's POV

Gretarioth's eyes followed as K'han ran to the south. He had been feeling something unusual for a while as if his instinct said the things happening here were all just diversions. He knew it was useless to fight these demons and devils since they weren't that much powerful. But it is certain they weren't here to fight but to tire them.

And now he was getting bored as well.

He moved his eyes toward Miorith. She was still fighting with her sais but even exhaustion was slowly knocking on her doors.

K'han on the other hand, had massive strength and stamina which amused Gretarioth since K'han was a rank lower than Miorith yet he was powerful.

"Alright! I'm bored." Gretarioth announced as Miorith looked at him with a blank face.

"Then what do you expect some belly dancers will be presented before you?" She said a bit frustrated.

He chuckled. He liked her short temper.

"That wouldn't be bad if you present your belly dancing before me." He said and Miorith's glare fell on him.

He smirked and saw a devil approaching K'han hiding behind some of the goons. Ignur.

He was good at sneakily attacking. Time to show him how it was done. Gretarioth thought and said to Miorith, "Follow me."

"To where?"

"To the south direction."

She scoffed as she whirled and blocked a dagger with her one sai and stabbed him in his heart with the other. "How can I do that when there are so many!"

Gretarioth sighed.

He placed both of his swords together as he chanted a spell. The swords turned into a bident as its two prongs glinted with its sharpness.

Miorith's jaw dropped as she asked, "I thought your weapons were those swords."

"Well, not really. It had always been a bident. I just liked swords so I formed them as two swords." Gretarioth said as his sharp eyes looked at the devil.

Gretarioth held his bident on his right and threw it with a force that it sent flying toward Ignur.

It hit Ignur's pitchfork with a clang and one of the prong tore his fingers as he groaned with pain and a smile appeared on Gretarioth's mouth.

"To the point." He said as he summoned back his weapon. The bident vanished from there as it appeared in his hand and he ordered, "Follow me, now."

Without any words she followed him as they still killed devils in their way and K'han finally reached the large rock. Now all the goons' attention went toward K'han.

Gretarioth smirked. "I knew he was there."

"Who?"

"Bornun."

"You know him?" Miorith asked with a surprised tone.

Gretarioth scratched the back of his neck. "Err... Something like that..."

Bornun was a devil he fought during the time when Almorach was the ruler. He was from the south region and a rogue criminal who was slaughtering lower class demons. Many demons had flown to the human world and many came to the North region because of him. He was powerful but the more powerful was his spell.