Chapter 48 - The Devil brothers part II

Start from the beginning

"So... What did Callahan do?" I asked .

He looked at the ground as he let out a sigh. "We were friends when we were kids. His brother, him and I were the strongest after Lucifer gave us powers. We trained together and then I was chosen as the general of Seven Hells."

There was a proud smile on his face as his chest puffed with pride and ego. It was as if he was watching those moments in his mind again.

"I was the general where he was my right hand man. Both Gretarioth and Devionth were." He said.

"Oh!" I said. Gretarioth used to work? But it didn't seem like he worked at all. Even Callahan said he was lazy. Then did it mean it was because of Almorach he didn't want to work under Callahan?

I felt something must have happened. Or maybe, Almorach had done something that made a solid distance between the brothers.

"We ruled everything together." He continued, "But one day, he tricked Lucifer into believing that I was doing bad deeds under his nose and my post got snatched away from me."

His voice rumbled with malice. His anger could be seen from here as his hollowed eyes burnt with fury.

"I said that I wanted a duel to prove myself because if I win, then hell will be mine but if he wins, it will be his." He said, "I knew I was powerful and I could beat him but he, that bastard!" Almorach growled as my heart pumped in my ears and my knees felt weak.

I sneakily looked around if Callahan was coming but immediately my attention was grabbed by Almorach as he exclaimed.

"He tricked me again!" Almorach looked at me, "His brother came, one day before the fight and gave me a knife, telling me it was going to give me some powers because Devionth had prepared a great weapon."

I nodded still listening to his story and begging Callahan to come but there was no sign of him.

"The day we fought, I was having illusions and my greatest fear was coming back to me in each moment and even if I fought, I lost. Because of that knife!" He growled.

"When I told everyone that it was because of a knife they laughed at me saying I was going insane because of power. Then Devionth was chosen as the general of Seven Hells while I got sentenced to go to the dungeons."

"I knew then Devionth sent his brother to give me that knife." His body shook and then the whole ground shook beneath me.

Wow! His anger was even giving earthquakes!

Then I saw Almorach stiffening in his place as he mumbled, his face twisted in anger, "This is his power! So has he grown this much?"

Oh! So, Callahan was making earthquakes!

He looked at me and said with a smile, "I recalled that there is another way to break the contract." His smile broadened. "If Devionth dies, the contract will break."

I froze. I didn't like it where it was going.

He asked, "So what do you say?"

"Err... Well, I..." I tried to find some excuse but this time I ran out of it.

"Don't be shy. If you form a contract with me, you will be free."

Which meant I would be stuck with you. No thanks.

"Or, we can just kill him."

I didn't say anything because I knew better that words mattered when dealing with a devil. I wasn't going to make the same mistake.