At the back of Mariko's mind the consequences of what she was about to do was piling and stacked high but right now She made sure to shove it too far back.

In a whisper Mariko turned to Yukio slowly and hesitantly asked "will you come with me?"

Yukio's gaze soften and approached Mariko cupping her cheeks " I'll be right next to you, holding your hand"

"Thank you" Mariko said in reply as she closed her eyes and relish the comfort of her Best friend's touch
No she was family and knowing that she had her sister's support,her worries were hushed as if she was in a long peaceful sleep.

🎴

Mariko's stress levels with a mix of anxiety increased considerably once they arrived at the discreet run down and secret place known for their service kept in hush.

The stench was making the young heiress nauscious but her will to hopefully get this over with and if Inari allows it then,this circumstance would never be spoken of again.

She watched as some young girl maybe fifteen were crying,tears streaming as she just got out of the operation room and rubbing circles on her now bumpless stomache.

Tightening her grip on Yukio's hand and possibly hurting her but she didnt say a word of it.She worried— was she going to feel like that? Empty and regret? Was she even doing the right thing?

"Dont worry, this will be over soon and your father and grandfather won't even know"

Mariko nod her head in response and remained silent.

"Ms, we're ready for you now" a nurse came to them and started walking to the operation room.

Slowly and standing up making sure she didnt trip on her way or try to walk straight so her knees wont give in.

Once she was prepped, she felt nauseous but held it in and looked to her right hoping to see Yukio.

Gave up when she couldn't see the red head.

It was suppose to be painless and short, but oh God how the pain was unbearable.

"What's happening? " She tried to ask knowing she was slowly losing consciousness, she was breathing hard. In a state of fear she tried squirming.

"I don't wanna do this anymore" she added trying to breathe " please, I do-dont want this"

" please just stay calm Ms."one of the nurses said.

Faintly as she was on the verge of losing consciousness she yelled for Yukio's name. She heard people yelling in the back of the room.

" kuso (shit), she's losing a lot of blood, she's going through excessive bleeding"

Then it was black.

Waking up and seeing Yukio was the only thing keeping her calm at the moment. Mariko examined the unfamiliar room she was in, the bland pale dull white walls was what jolted her fully awake and woke Yukio when she tried to leave the bed.

" hey, Mariko it's fine, your fine "she repeated over and over, hands cupping her face making Mariko face her, she rubbed small circles on her cheeks to hopefully soothe her.

"What-what happened?" Voice dry she coughed then reluctantly Yukio went to the table across the room and poured her a glass of water.

Walking back to Mariko she gave the glass to her slowly and placed one hand on her back and guided her on drinking before explaining the events on what happened.