I was quick to lift the bowl into my lap and leaned down my head on his shoulder. "Do you mind if we, um, cuddle?" Blaze stiffened at the request, glancing down at my makeshift outfit. "Let me play with your hair," I demanded, which made him blush crimson. With a bit of reluctance, he laid his head on my lap. My fingers immediately became entangled in his hair, causing him to hum contently. I felt completely at peace with him at this moment.

I ended up falling asleep during the movie, so Blaze woke me up when it finished by giving me light kisses around my face. He seemed embarrassed by his own actions, but once I woke up, I smiled widely and brushed my thumb on his cheek. This was definitely the most intimate we've ever been, but neither of us voiced this fact.

"I think-" he paused, "I think we could be happy with each other." This statement surprised me because he rarely spoke about his feelings so honestly.

I kissed him gently on the lips as my answer. "You make my heart and my dick flutter, so you are definitely a keeper," I teased. He rolled his eyes at me. He always commented on how I lacked a filter in the worst times, and I never disagreed because he was often right.

"Get changed. Ace is on his way over to retrieve you." I furrowed my eyebrows wondering how he knew that when his phone had been abandoned in the kitchen hours ago. It took me a moment to remember his bond with his brother, and suddenly I felt stupid.

I grumbled, but reluctantly changed into my own clothes. As I put away his shirt, I stole one of his sweatshirts instead. It was his high school hockey sweatshirt that smells a lot like him. When I walked out of the room wearing it, I wore a cheeky grin with it as well. I could tell he liked when I wore his clothes, his scent. Fallon could bathe in it then prance around the pack showing it off.

"You know you can't wear that outside here and home right? My Alpha scent is thick on it," he mildly scolded, but nonetheless he kissed my forehead and handed me the backpack I came with.

"I'll go home and shower anyway. I'm sticky," I laughed, kissing his cheek as Xander opened the door without warning. Blaze wasn't fazed by his entrance. They just always knew what each other was up to.

Ace was wearing a giddy smile, and kinda smelled of sex as well.

Blaze kissed my forehead one last time before he whispered a final goodbye and a request to call him when I got home. Then I was off with Ace back to his car. The drive was a comfortable silence, but this time we were bathing in the powerful scent of our mate. It was peaceful and settled our wolves.

I said a quick goodbye and thank you to Ace, who was simply his pleasant, polite self back. The lights were off in the house, so I hoped I could sneak in without being noticed to take a shower. I managed to walk into the dark kitchen and creep towards the stairs, but the lights turned on to reveal my mom staring at me with wild eyes.

"What-"

"Are you insane?" My mom shouted at me, not caring about the volume. "You reek of Blaze's pack and smell like sex! And you have a massive hickey on your neck!" The blood drained from my face, my hand clasping my neck immediately. I guess the hoodie covered it from my view when I left and now it was shifted enough to reveal it.

"Uh-" Dad came out now, grumbling about mom being loud for no reason.

"Why can't you just wait for your mate? Why are you whoring around?!" She exasperated, making me stiffen. Shame overwhelmed me. Shame that my mother would think so low of me.

"Why can't you just trust me for once? Why do you always have to lecture?" I shouted back, hands thrown up desperately. By now, Dad realized what was happening and looked fairly uncomfortable, especially when his eyes landed on a familiar sweatshirt.

"Lyle, this isn't your first time coming home with unexplained hickeys! What if your mate sees you right now with all the hickeys? What would they think?!" She looked furious as she screamed at me. And I felt furious at the accusation. Fallon was getting mad that she thinks we'd cheat on our mate to the point where he was growling so loud I couldn't hear my thoughts.

"I'm sure he'd love to admire his work!" As soon as it slipped out of my mouth, I froze. I clasped my hand over my mouth, watching my mother's face contort with confusion while my dad gave me a knowing look. He didn't seem happy to be in the middle of this situation.

A full minute passed before anything was said. I simply stood there with wide eyes. I didn't dare open my mouth more and drive myself down a deeper hole.

"You found your mate? Why didn't you tell us? It's okay that he's a male! Why- Were you afraid to tell us?" Her tone was softer now. Much sadder.

"It's not that he's a male... it's more complicated than that." My dad just stood there comforting his wife.

"Is it Hayden? Is it complicated because he's a delta?" She asked quickly, frantically searching for answers.

Fallon did not like the question. He growled before I could control him. The idea of Hayden and my mate in the same conversation unnerved me. "No, Hayden can fuck off. I don't like how close him and Blaze are," I growled, not being able to control Fallon. That's when Mom took interest in my sweatshirt. Then sniffed the air again.

"No-" she paused when she realized with wide eyes as she turned to her husband then back to me. "Blaze? Blaze is your mate?!" I cringed at her loud question, but didn't deny it. She turned to Dad again. "You knew?!" Now it was dad's turn to cringe.

"We were gonna tell you this week with a proper dinner or something," I grumbled, hoping to make her feel a little less hurt.

"Why didn't you tell us right away? Why did Blaze switch packs if you two are mates?" The sadness on my face was enough to answer that question. "You were going to reject each other," she whispered in realization.

"It- it was a thought. I didn't know he was going to switch packs. And I only recently found out he was an Alpha during my heat, so don't feel too behind." Her eyes went wide now.

"Heat? That's what happened last week? You went into heat? Like Ace did?" I scratched my head, nodding but not looking at her.

A string of curses left her lips, but what surprised me the most was that she came up to me and hugged me tightly. Her tears wet Blaze's sweatshirt while I patted her awkwardly on the back as an attempt to comfort her.

"Oh god, you reek of Blaze and sex!" She cried into my chest. "I was hoping for additions to the family! But at least I like both of my sons' mates!" I glanced at my dad who also looked awkward about the situation.

"Can I take a shower now?" I pleaded, detaching her hands from my body.

"When am I getting grandbabies?" She sniffled, retreating to her husband's side.

"Mom, we haven't even fully mated yet, and we are 18. Please calm down. We will discuss it in the morning if you want." She seemed satisfied with that request and mumbled her way back to bed.