[ 6 ] . makeover

I woke up to the sunrise shining through my blinds and my sweet elderly cat curled up in a ball at my feet, her loud snores filling the room

I woke up to the sunrise shining through my blinds and my sweet elderly cat curled up in a ball at my feet, her loud snores filling the room. Her name was Dior and she was twenty. She used to be a little, energetic, troublemaker, but now she was sleepy all of the time. She was my moms cat but since my mom no longer lived here, she was mine.

I got up, placing a kiss on her gray head as I received a purr in response. This cat was basically a sibling or mother to me. She was around for my whole life and I was emotionally attached to her. Nobody could convince me that animals didn't have souls. That animals don't mean as much as humans. They're family too.

I showered, spending a while on my hair and makeup before I threw my clothes on. The school had a three inch above the knee rule, but I always flexed those rules without any of the teachers daring to test me.

I wore a brown plaid skirt with black tights and boots. My skirt had a chain on it and my turtleneck was tucked into the waistband. I wore hoop earrings and left my blond hair down and flowing. Zach was an idiot to cheat on me.

After getting ready I drove myself to school, late as usual. It took time to get ready and I always ended up being at least ten minutes late. It was the one flaw that I had. Time management was my worst enemy.

In my first period class all eyes turned to me when I walked in the door. I had interrupted the teachers lesson once again, and I now had everyone's attention. However I didn't care about that. What I noticed when I saw all twenty eight pair of eyes looking back at me was one pair of hazel ones staring behind long curly blond hair. All of the seats were taken except one near the back, surprisingly right behind him. Kayden Anderson was in my first period class? How come I never noticed? Was I that shallow?

I made my way to the back of the room, gazes following me as I moved to sit down. The teacher then spoke again, but I found it hard to listen. My mind was occupied with rummaging through my memories, trying to figure out why I had never noticed Kayden in this class.

"Since when have you been in my first period?" I whispered in his ear as I leaned across the desk. He flinched when I talked to him, sliding down in his chair so the teacher couldn't see him as easily. He was such a goody-goody. "Since the first day of school," he said, making me frown. I must not have been paying attention.

Kayden was wearing a long flannel over some old band shirt. His jeans were blue and looked old and worn as well. His style was horrible. No offense to him, but he would look so much better without the baggy clothes. The things he wore looked so old as if they were handed down through generations. He needed a whole new wardrobe.

"Where do you buy your clothes?" I whispered, making his face heat up. He was obviously annoyed that I was talking to him in the middle of class. He was scared that the teacher would hear. "My mom buys some for me. Some I get from my older brother, I guess," he shrugged, talking as lowly as he could with his deep voice.