12

𝐘𝐚𝐥𝐥 𝐭𝐡𝐚𝐧𝐤 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐬𝐨 𝐦𝐮𝐜𝐡 𝐟𝐨𝐫 100 𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐝𝐬!😭

Pov: Sunghoon's

Everyone was applauding and cheering us on. My sweat now dripping all over me. I looked at Deiji smiling and noticing tears running down her cheeks. She was happy too.

Until I noticed her stumbling. And then she fell unconscious. Everyone gasped. I ran to her and picked her up. Her father was now by our side. We quickly called the ambulance and rushed to the hospital. I took her hand in mine and didn't let go. I was too scared. Scared and confused as to why she suddenly fell. Was everything she said to me... A lie? Is she really not okay? Those questions went through my head while driving to the hospital.

When we arrived she was rushed inside. I could swear I saw blood dripping from her head. And then I saw my hands. They were covered in blood. Her blood. My eyes widened and I couldn't help the tears that were now histerically leaving my eyes. I sat down still looking at my bloody hands. I zoned out and after a few hours a doctor walked inside the waiting room.

"Is Park Sunghoon here?" She asked. I immediately looked at her and quickly got up. "Yes that's me!" I shouted. She smiled. "Miss Deiji said she wanted to see you." She wanted to see....me? Why me? I turned around her father already looking at me. "Go on son. I will see her later." And with that I ran as fast as I could. I looked around until I found her room. "Room 286". I walked in slowly, only to be met with Deiji. She looked so peaceful.

Pov: Deiji's

I couldn't feel my body. My eyes slowly opened up only to be met with a bunch of doctors, my father and... Sunghoon? What was he doing here? I looked at him and we made eye contact. Everything started getting blurry again until I closed my eyes. I suddenly woke up in a hospital room. I still couldn't feel my body nor could I move it. I groaned in pain.

"Miss Deiji?" Someone knocked on my door and walked in. It was a doctor. "You are awake. How are you?" She sweetly asked. "I'm fine. I just feel kind of numb and my head hurts." "Well that is totally fine. We still want you to stay here for a few days just so we could check up on you every once in a while. You can rest now I will leave you alone and when you feel ready we want you to move to another room." "Wait."

I pulled her by her west. She just looked at me and waited for my reply. "Can you bring Park Sunghoon here. Tell him that I want to see him. Please." She smiled and nodded her head, leaving me all alone. After a few minutes Sunghoon opened the door while panting. I just smiled at him. He looked at me and rushed over.

"Deiji! Are you okay?" He said as he took my hand in his while caressing it. "Calm down Sunghoon I'm fine." There was a moment of silence. I was contemplating if I should tell him or not. I decided to break the silence. It was the right thing to do. I can't keep it from him forever. "Hey Sunghoon." "Yeah?" I sighed and continued. "I have to tell you something, but please promise me not to freak out." He just looked at me confused and nodded his head.

"You see, I told you everything was fine at the appointment. The truth is, it's not. I have the rarest heart condition and it's called "RCM" or "Restrictive cardiomyopathy." His eyes widened. "W-well you'll be fine right?" I took a deep breath and looked him in the eyes. "No Sunghoon...I won't. They told me I need a surgery or there is a high chance I might...die" "Well you can just do the surgery right!? And everything will be fin-" "Sunghoon I don't want the surgery. I refused."

The air now got so thick I could barely breathe. He just looked at me with shock. Tears started flooding his eyes. I could feel them on my hand. He still didn't let go of it. My hand was now wet by his tears. I closed my eyes and continued. "I'm done fighting Sunghoon. I don't want you to cry because of me. I want to have these last few days, months or even years who knows. I want to do the most. You'll help me right? We will do them together right? Hey please look at me."

I took his face in my hands and started caressing his cheeks. He couldn't even look me in the eyes. "Deiji I don't want you to leave me. Please don't." He said while sinffling. "I won't leave you Hoon. I will always be there for you. Please remember that." He weakly smiled at the nickname and pulled away from my touch.

I was confused at first until he spoke. "I'm sorry Deiji. I need a little bit of time to think about all off this. Please rest well." And with that he just left. Leaving me dumbfounded and confused.

Pov: Sunghoon's

I ran outside of the hospital still crying hard. It was now raining but I couldn't care less. I ran home. I ran and ran and ran. Until I couldn't anymore. I was soaked now kneeling on the floor and crying. I couldn't afford to lose her. Not after what happened to my mother. "Deiji you idiot."