I arrived at the crossroad and quickly cornered right, giggling in ecstasy as I could perceive the smell of flowers while I approached the said garden. There was nothing that could have prepared me for the sight I was confronted with as different colors and scents filled my eyes and nostrils.

Before I could help myself I threw my body down on the dirt, allowing the flowers to surround me and silently praying I didn't land on a rose torn. I inhaled and exhaled slowly as I gazed up at the red sky that was a sign the sun was setting and the night was near.

I felt so at peace in this place that when I thought about Dalia, it was a struggle to raise my carcass off the floor. A gasp furthermore left my lips as I peered at the insanely tall building before me.

Though I hadn't seen the house from the front I was certain Abigail was telling the truth because no beauty could beat what I was beholding. The three-story building stood confidently in white paint, the tall glass windows reflecting the sky and its surrounding as the golden bulbs around it made it look picturesque.

The flowers on its feet embraced its ruthless form adding a softness together with color to its domineering and pale structure. My mouth gaped in awe and it was at this moment that I noticed a presence beside me.

"Someone seems to be enjoying herself," Dalia spoke, drawing my vision to observe her in similar attire to mine of jean trousers but with a cute blue top and not a t-shirt, her dyed blonde hair shining in the golden light.

"Who wouldn't after being indoors for 12 days straight, I feel like a prisoner who is just happy to see anything but the darkness in his dungeon," I answered with a sad smile before turning back to the sight I was gazing at. "Also this is a beautiful view for sore eyes like mine."

"I take it my brother hasn't let you out since you were brought here," she mused, squeezing her brows.

"Yep, and he hasn't been around to keep me company," I sighed. "Indeed, I certainly feel like a prisoner."

"Come, let's seat." She nodded in understanding and with a palm on my back directed me through the multitude of daffodils, sunflowers, hibiscus, and a few others I couldn't recall their name at that moment. "You should know my brother has your best interests at heart."

"Well, he has a bad way of showing it," I grumbled, my mood going sour as we reached a clearing where four seats were placed around a table containing a tray with a bottle of wine and empty glasses.

"I understand how you feel, but Dante has always been protective of those dear to him and with you being his mate, it's only normal that you experience that at an extreme level," she informed as we settled down.

"What if I don't want to experience it," I grimaced, and imagined if that was what being here would feel like.

"You'll have no choice." She shrugged and poured me a glass. "But in time you'll learn to understand and appreciate his way of caring."

"That might not be possible," I confided and took the tumbler from her to gulp down the red liquor in it. "Besides, I don't think I'm welcome here."

"Who has made you think that way?" She interrogated, taking a sip from her glass.

"The elders, I overheard Dante's conversation with them a few minutes ago," I confessed, swallowing the rest of the wine and signaling her to pour me another. "Objections were being raised about me being human."

"I thought Dante had that dealt with." She frowned. "Do you know who raised these objections?"

"Arthur, and a few others," I relayed, nodding in appreciation as my cup was once again filled.

"I knew that old fool would have something to do with this," she growled in anger which was odd for someone of her outlook hence she appeared like one who wouldn't hurt a fly, however, in that second, I could certainly see how alike to Dante she really was. "Maybe stripping him of his title would shut him up."

"Dante said something of the sort but Arthur laughed it off saying it wasn't possible," I told, now reclining to sip my drink thus I didn't want to get drunk. "Why does he hate me anyway, I mean Arthur."

"He underestimates who his Alpha is. Dante is ruthless enough to do anything he wants," Dalia said, having no idea the fear her words had instilled in me. "And as for Arthur, I can't really blame him, Courtney is his great-granddaughter and she was once Dante's mistress."

"Oh," I let out in surprise.

"Yeah, and everyone including me thought he'd decide for her because he couldn't find his mate, instead, he proved us all wrong by breaking things up with her 10 years ago," she explained.

"How long were they together for?" I inquired.

"50 years," Dalia said, laughing at my shocked expression.

"Who plays with a woman's heart for fifty years and decides he doesn't want to settle?" I queried in awe. "It's bad enough humans do that to each other for years but not 5 freaking decades!"

"Dante does, he's ruthless like that, also he's a werewolf," she brushed it off like it was no big deal while all I could do was stare. "But you don't have to worry about that, you are his mate, he can't reject you."

"Ah here comes Abigail," she announced when I kept silent and turned her attention to the other female. "What took you so long?"

"Luna ran out on me and I couldn't follow her because the doctor advised me to take it easy," Abigail responded and I shifted my gaze to her.

"What did the doctor say is the problem?" I implored feeling slightly guilty for the stunt I pulled and most of all not asking how it went at the hospital when I saw her earlier.

"There's no problem." She beamed slightly. "Except if my mate decides to make it one."

"I don't understand," I admitted confusion.

"Tanya, it's clear she's pregnant," Dalia said causing my mouth to drop open. "I suspected it and now it's confirmed. Congratulations sweetheart."

"Oh my goodness I'm so happy for you!" I squealed and jumped off my seat to haul her in for a hug. "And let Ricky know if he ever makes this blessing a problem he would have his Luna to answer to."

"Thank you, Luna," she smiled and hugged me back before pulling away and peering at me worriedly.

"Why are you staring at me that way?" I quizzed, perplexed at her stare.

"You haven't been marked yet," she announced.

"Wait let me see," Dalia appeared, pushing her away scarcely. "Why hasn't Dante marked you yet?"

"I told you, we hardly spend time together," I replied.

"I need to have a talk with that brother of mine," she muttered under her breath.

"It's been a while, why haven't you gone into heat yet?" Abigail asked still peering at my neck.

"Maybe because she's human," Dalia answered.

Freshy❤️