11 | 'her fake smile'

Começar do início

Okay, maybe he was stressing this too much.

Maybe she just didn't get enough sleep and wasn't in the best mood to conversate with anyone. That was evident enough by her puffy and bloodshot eyes. He should probably just take it easy. Wait, but what if that wasn't the case? What if she actually did cry just recently? What should he do then? Well, it is possible that it could be something really personal. They weren't that close, they've only known each other for a month or two, so he probably shouldn't interfere.

Either way, he definitely was worried sick for the girl he loved so much. And he was definitely not gonna be able to focus in class like this.

-ˋˏ✄┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈

"Yaomomo, class is over." Kyoka reminded as she watched her raven haired friend stare blankly at the red pen in the loose grip of her hand almost about to drop on the notebook placed on her desk. Her eyes fringed with long lashes fluttered slowly while her peachy lips were parted as if she were in deep thought, with her expression completely devoid of any emotion. Kyoka pushed out her bottom lip at the idea of having to call her again. "Yaomomo...?"

Once again her words were dismissed as Momo kept her gaze locked onto the pen. Kyoka did not like being ignored. If anything, she was the one ignoring people instead. But, even if she was one who was known for having serious anger issues by literally the entire school, she could let herself forgive her dear best friend. And so she took a deep breath to calm her nerves so she wouldn't accidentally start yelling at the very raven haired girl who was still seated in the desk in front of her.

It wasn't until she slammed a hand on her desk and spoke sharply, "Yaomomo." that she was able to finally grab her friend's attention.

Momo unintentionally let go of her pen due to the sudden sound, causing small specks of ink to drop on the lined sheet of paper in her notebook which was opened. She gave Kyoka a look for ruining the aesthetic of her organized and neat notes that she had written down during class, which the purple haired girl returned by crossing her arms. "That was uncalled for, Kyoka..."

"Yeah, well I had to call you three times and you didn't listen until I lost my cool." The raven haired girl gave her a quick apology before she closed her notebook and started to pack her bag in a haste.

Kyoka noticed her voice was a lot more throaty than it usually sounded, and she appeared to be clearly distressed about something. She didn't like the thought of her best friend being upset. "Yaomomo, you sure you're not stressed about doing all that student council president shit or something? I can always help y-"

"No.", was all Momo responded more sternly than she originally intended it to be cutting off her friend's attempt to help her. Momo didn't want help. She didn't deserve help. Yet, even though Kyoka was wrong about the reason of her feeling stressed being her student council duties, she was grateful nonetheless to have someone like her in her life.

However Momo's gratitude wasn't really showing unfortunately due to the cold and stern tone she used in her voice, which took Kyoka by surprise and did hurt her a bit if she had to be honest. "Momo, there is definitely something wrong. All you have to do is tell me. Remember that one time when I threw all your paperwork away?! I can do that again!"

Her nagging caused Momo to sigh in displease when she remembered the time Kyoka threw all her papers that she needed for her student council work straight out of the window in her dorm room while she wasn't looking, and when she asked Kyoka what she did with the papers she responded by saying a bird flew into the room and took them away. Like who would believe that? Was that supposed to be a joke? What were they, 5 year olds?!

"Kyoka, I'm not stressed about anything and I do not need to see you in the principal's office again because you littered the garden outside of the dormitory building by throwing those papers away!" She knew she was lying right through her teeth for the first part and she hated lying more than anything, but she figured that fabricating all her problems away was better than making people worry. She didn't need others to waste their time on her by worrying for foolish reasons.

The classroom was completely empty by now and all of the students were heading back to the dorms due to classes ending, but Kyoka couldn't care less about that right now as she was now starting to get a little infuriated. Why did Momo need to lie to her? They were supposed to be close friends, they should be able to tell each other anything. And Kyoka certainly did. She trusted Momo more than anyone else, why couldn't Momo be the same...? "Don't lie to me, Momo. I know you, and you always try to make shit up so other people don't get involved with your damn troubles! Just tell me the truth!"

And there it was. Momo's last straw. "What I really want to know is why do you care so much, Kyoka?! What is there to care about me? NOTHING, there's nothing! My problems are none of your concern. You're just going to end up getting hurt when you're around me, and I don't want that!" Her sharp voice boomed through the pristine white walls of the classroom with her now standing up with her fists balled up from frustration, as she looked directly into the amethyst orbs of her best friend whose eyes started to glisten slightly with tears threatening to pour out from genuine sadness.

She never had a single fight with Momo before. The times they argued were only for trivial and petty reasons, each of which they ended up laughing off later. But none of them were as serious as this one. They never had a serious argument, and were never expecting to have one in the future. Their bond was just too strong for that to happen.

Momo was Kyoka's closest friend, she was someone she could talk about anything and everything with. Kyoka had a cold and hard outer shell, but inside she was broken and yearned for someone to understand her despite her always pretending to be tough and strong. And Momo was that person. Momo understood her more than anyone else could, and always helped her find a solution to her problems. She wanted to pay her back for all that kindness she treated her with, but Momo never gave her the chance to nor did she ever let her. She was too kind and it was starting to get on her nerves. 

"Seriously, Momo...? Weren't we supposed to be close friends and always trust each other? Didn't we promise we would never hide anything from each other? You never let me help you all the damn time even though I genuinely care about you and I want to help you more than anything! Do you think I just can't fucking do that?"

Momo's throat went dry. She couldn't respond to this. She just couldn't

The raven haired girl stayed dead silent as she slung her backpack over her shoulder. She felt Kyoka's eyes on her, and as guilty as she felt, she had to get out of there as soon as possible. The heavy silence in the air was starting to make her feel sick. She figured it was for the best. And so, her slow steps towards the door of the classroom became faster, and before she knew it, she was making a run for it with the heavy weight of the ginormous books in her backpack slightly weighing her down.

"Wait, Yaomomo!", was all her purple haired friend could say before she ran out of the classroom leaving Kyoka to her thoughts in the room which was completely devoid of any other students.

-ˋˏ✄┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈ (𝙫𝙤𝙩𝙚 𝙩𝙤 𝙝𝙚𝙡𝙥 𝙩𝙝𝙞𝙨 𝙗𝙤𝙤𝙠 𝙧𝙚𝙘𝙚𝙞𝙫𝙚 𝙖𝙩𝙩𝙚𝙣𝙩𝙞𝙤𝙣!) 

a/n: WE JUST REACHED 500+ READS!! thank you sosososososo much everyone i never expected to be getting this far with my story that i started just for fun 💗and im sorry it takes me a while to write new chapters for all of you patient readers, final exams have been stressing me out :( but nonetheless, i hope you enjoyed the chapter!!