In Honour of My Best Ranking Tags (Chaos)

In honour of my best ranking tags, here we see how Alma copes with the constant rats scurrying around Casita, feral cacti and randomly spawning donkeys.

"ISABELA," a shout echoed through the Casita. It is easily recognisable as Abuela Alma's.

Somewhere in the living room, Isabela jumped before snickering quietly.

"What did you do this time, Isa?" Luisa asked, slightly concerned, but not too much since this is a constant occurrence at this point.

"I may or may not have strapped a few cacti on seven donkeys and then accidentally bumped one of them in the back a bit too hard, causing all seven of them to stampede into Casita-" she laughed, just a tad bit nervously, tucking a strand of hair behind her ear. "I think Casita and Toñito together managed to get them outside though-"

Loud footsteps started to get louder and louder. The clinking of keys and a necklace indicated that they were of Alma's.

"Aaaand that's my cue to leave. I was never here, okay?" Isa whispered to Luisa, Dolores and Camilo (who were the only ones in the room besides her) before bolting away.

Abuela stormed into the living room, hair with a few cactus thorns. She cleared her throat.

"Alright. Camilo, $100, where did Isabela go?"

"That way," Camilo immediately answered, pointing.

"Thank you. I will give you the money when I come back," Abuela proceeded to leave with extraordinary speed for her age.

Once she had got off far enough, the silence in the room was broken by Dolores.

"You're a sneaky little traitor, you know that?"

"Yes. But $100!" Camilo whined.

"Oh no, Isa's in for it now," Luisa sighed.

Mirabel walked in, riding on a donkey, carrying a basket full of sewing supplies and...board games..?

"MIRABEL WHERE DID YOU GET THE DONKeY__--" Luisa jumped off the chair, dropping her book in panic.

"Errkgh! Luisa, it's fine! See, he's friendly!" Mirabel grinned, rubbing the donkey behind its ear. The donkey didn't seem to like that. It threw Mira off and trotted away haughtily.

Luckily Luisa managed to catch her little sister before she hit the ground. "Yeah, sure. He seems veryyy friendly."

"It's fine, you caught me, see?" Mirabel laughed it off with a wave, her face bursting with happiness and warmth that thoroughly melted Luisa's heart. Luisa sighed and rolled her eyes fondly.

"Anyways! I got these games from the town, and I thought they'd be fun to play with you guys! We can give them a try!" she barely paused before launching herself at the basket and started pulling out games. "Where's Isa, by the way? I remember her telling me she's going back to Casita," Mirabel asked without looking up.

"She's in trouble," Luisa stated, looking at the games. "Strapped cacti to donkeys and accidentally made them run into Casita. I'm not even sure if that's an accident. Why would she want to strap cacti onto donkeys??"

"Another reason Isa's in trouble is because Camilo is a gremlin," Dolores quickly added.

"So is she!" Camilo pointed out.

"...I'm not saying she's not."

Mirabel grinned at her family members. She felt so happy. It's an amazing feeling. It's like she could cry. Yes, just randomly crying happy tears. And laughing at the same time. Like a maniac.

"Y'know, we'll just wait until she's back," she smiled. "I wanna include everyone!"

Luisa sniffed, quick to get emotional (but that's alright). "You're always so thoughtful, hermanita."

"Ha! I know!" Mirabel stuck her tongue out playfully.

It turned out to be pretty wholesome. *sigh* I want what they have. What a beautiful family.