vii. 𝐖𝐨𝐮𝐥𝐝 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐦𝐚𝐫𝐫𝐲 𝐡𝐢𝐦 𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐧?

"Did not wish to go hunting, my lord?" Edwina asked as Griffin approached her after breaking free from a conversation with the Featheringtons

"I fear i'd rather do anything then spend another second with my brothers." Griffin didn't use Anthony's name for Edwinas sake. "Lemonade?"

She smiled and took the glass. "Thank you."

"It's quite a beautiful day, isn't it?" Griffin looked out at the water. "Would you be interested in a boat road?"

"A boat ride?" a grin spread across her lips. "Well, i'm not sure how that'll appear."

"It'll appear as a pair of friends attending a boat ride together." he held his arm out. "Only if you wish to, of course."

Edwina had to accept with a small smile, holding his arm as Griffin lead her toward the boats. The act had gotten a few dirty looks from a few ladies, but Griffin distracted Edwina from seeing them. "Miss Edwina, are you aware that I rowed the fastest during our stay here last time?"

"I was not." she smiled. "How interesting."

Griffin stepped into the boat and held his hand out to her. "Have you ever tried?"

"To row a boat?" she almost laughed, stepping onto the boat. "It isn't very lady like, my lord."

"Suppose to the public eye it is not." he agreed, making sure she was secure as he began to row them deeper into the water. "Now it appeared to just be the two of us if you would like to try."

Edwina looked hesitant. "Would it offend you?"

"Of course not." Griffin almost laughed, encouraging her to come sit with him. "It's rather heavy though, I could help if you'd like."

"Please." she agreed, sitting by his side. Griffin slipped his hand behind her, grasping her hand farthest from him and had it placed upon one of the sticks. His hands were cold on top of hers, Edwina blinked down at them. "Like this?"

"Yes." Griffin agreed, keeping his hands clasped over hers as they started to row. "Lovely?"

"Lovely." she confirmed with a faint laugh. "How'd you come to acquire such skill?"

"Anthony, actually." Griffin admitted, but immediately regretted saying so before her. "Our father had taught him."

"I am very sorry about your father, my lord." Edwina apologized for his loss years ago. "I too lost my father."

"My apologies, Miss Edwina." he turned so they met each other's eye. "Was he a lovely man?"

"Oh, the most lovely." she gave a smile, nodding her head. "As was yours I can imagine."

"He was." Griffin nodded his head. "He loved my mother so dearly."

"Miss Sharma?" Griffin rose an eyebrow at Kate as he approached.

"Ah, so you've kept you're clothes on this time, my lord." Kate spoke with a faint judgment in her eye.

"A habit I wish to break." he handed her the lemonade he'd brought over. "I take it you are not pleased with Miss Edwinas attraction to my brother?"

"Not pleased would not even began to describe it." she spoke honestly. "Nor are you, I can imagine."

"I've only wondered if Miss Edwina has show any possible interest in anyone other then The Viscount?" Griffin cleared his throat in the slightest.

Kate gave a side grin to him. "The Viscounts brother, i'm assuming?"

"Colin is a lovely gentleman, sure." Griffin nodded as Kate hid a laugh.

"I've spoken nothing but highly of you, my lord." Kate reassured him as she watched Anthony and Edwina dancing together. "You'll do me the favor of asking my sister for a dance?"

"With all my honor." he smiled, breaking free from her for the time being.

"Miss Edwina." Griffin approached when he watched Kate and Anthony attend the first dance together. "Your dueing, was it?"

"Is it that obvious?" she gave a smile. "I only wish for her to show he has her blessing."

Griffin took a sad breath, holding his hand out. "Shall we dance then? In honor of your last night as an un-engaged young lady?"

Edwina smiled as she sat her lemonade down. "I shall."

LISTEN TO THE VIOLIN VERSION OF BLACK OUT DAYS BY JOEL SUNNY RIGHT NOW!!!!

Griffin smiled as he straightened up, taking her hand in his with a minor pull upon the dance floor. "What is it you see in my brother?"

Edwina gave him a smile as they began to dance as the other had been. "I suppose his kindness, the way he loves his family."

"And you've made your mind up, then? You could see yourself loving him?" Griffin stared down at her, his hand tighten within hers. "No matter if there was ever someone who swore to cherish you and only you for every living second to ever come. If there was someone who would always put you and your needs before his own, a lover rather then just a husband. Someone who never knew what it was like to breath before laying eyes upon you. Would you marry him then?"

"I-" Edwina began, stopping as they spun and her back was to his chest for a moment, his hand running for her hand to her waist. They joined their palms again in a spin, facing each other as their gazes locked. "I-"

The song came to an end, Anthony was storming off, leaving Kate. Edwina and Griffin moved away from each other, a small bow shared before he retrieved far away from her.

"Oh, thank you, darling." Violet spoke as Griffin held her hand as she got into the carriage the next day, his eyes fixed upon the Sharma sisters heading for their own.

"Might I speak with you?" Anthony's voice caught their attention as they looked back and saw him storming down the steps.

"Of course." Kate nodded her head

"That was meant for Miss Edwina." Anthony moved past her and stood before the shorter Sharma.

"My lord?" she looked up at him.

Griffins heart fell when he dropped to one knee with their mothers ring in his palm. "No."

"Miss Edwina Sharma." he stared up at her. "Will you marry me?"

"Yes."

kylie speaks

why's it always "send nudes"
and never "never knew what
it was like to breath before
laying eyes upon you" ??

why's it always "send nudes"and never "never knew whatit was like to breath beforelaying eyes upon you" ??