v. 𝐃𝐨 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐰𝐢𝐬𝐡 𝐭𝐨 𝐭𝐚𝐤𝐞 𝐚 𝐜𝐥𝐨𝐬𝐞𝐫 𝐥𝐨𝐨𝐤?

"Do not yank the wicket!" Eloise scolded Griffin when he made it outside

"Do not yank the wicket!" Eloise scolded Griffin when he made it outside. "You're making this so incredibly easy to defeat you."

"Defeat does not exist within my soul, Sister." Griffin spoke in return as went to grab his mallet, having Anthony smack his hand away. "Hey!"

"You know the rules." he scolded him.

"Last year, you said youngest went first," Eloise protested.

"We pick based on alphabetical order." Anthony argued with a knowing point.

"We should pick based on most attractive to least." Griffin cleared his throat as he adjusted his bow tie. "Naturally, I shall go first. Anthony last."

"Everyone, please, now." Daphne cut in to stop all the arguing. "The only fair thing to do is to let our invited guest choose their mallets and strike first."

"Yes." Griffin smiles. "Miss Edwina, please do the honors of taking the first pick."

"Yes, please do." Anthony added soon after as him and his brother shared a look.

She approached the mallets, grasping one as Anthony pulled it free for her. "An excellent choice."

Kate yanked one free of her own, making Griffin laugh loudly and clap his hands. "The mallet of death!"

"Would you look at that, Brother?" Benedict smiled toward Anthony.

"Is this yours?" Kate challenged Anthony with a questionable look.

"Not at all. You're welcome to it." he hid his annoyance with a shrug.

"You nearly threatened to beat me last time I touched-" Colin began.

"You exaggerate." Anthony cut in.

"Not true. He is very often threatening to beat us. Terrible partner and father he shall be." Griffin cut in with a look toward Edwina.

"Full of jokes." Anthony smiled at her, getting one in return.

"Are you the superstitious sort?" Kate cut in with a questionable look. "I know some men cannot perform without their familiar tools. Like a child with a blanket."

The Bridgerton siblings laughed in shock with Kate.

"I can play perfectly well with any mallet." Anthony dared in her direction. "I wish you the best of luck."

"Are we to stand around deliberating all day, or shall we play?" Eloise suggested.

"I wish to start!" Griffin yanked a mallet from the holder. "For the good luck Anthony so wishes to grant Miss Sharma."

"Ah, how kind." Kate hummed in agreement.

"Yes, i'm quite kind. Much kinder then my oldest brother." Griffin agreed as they each got their mallets, leaving Anthony with the final one. "And much quicker, if I dare to add."