iv. 𝐃𝐢𝐝 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐞𝐱𝐩𝐞𝐜𝐭 𝐡𝐢𝐦 𝐧𝐨𝐭 𝐭𝐨 𝐥𝐢𝐯𝐞 𝐮𝐩 𝐭𝐨 𝐡𝐢𝐬 𝐰𝐨𝐫𝐝?

"Ridiculous

"Ridiculous." Griffin rolled his eyes at the amount of men that stood before Lady Danbury's fire place, trying to empress Edwina. "If Anthony would let me go anywhere near Miss Edwina, i'd have simply won her over by now."

"Yes, i'd love to know what you'd do up there, Brother." Benedict spoke curiously.

Griffin thought for a moment. "Possibly blow fire from my mouth?"

"Ah, how original." he hummed in response. "And how would you do this fire method?"

"I shall not worry about that." Griffin waved him off immediately. "Why would I ever need to worry about taste buds when i'd have my wife?"

"Yes. Yes." Lady Danbury walked forward to cut off the man and his yo-yo. "How about a pause?"

"How about a drink?" Griffin mumbled. As they began to spread out, Griffin waited until the girl on Edwinas side moved. He moved in immediately. "Miss Edwina."

"Oh, Lord Bridgerton." she smiled, accepting the drink he handed her. "How kind of you."

"A bit of a pay back for the beautiful dress I ruined." he gave his most apologetic look. "Did she recover okay?"

"Do you refer to dressed as she?" Edwina hummed as she sipped her drink.

"Yes. As I do bow ties." he hummed, scooting in closer. "What are your thought on Baby's Breath?"

"The flower?" Edwina smiled as he nodded. "I think they are most exquisite."

"As do I." Griffin smiled with a forced laugh. "We have so much in common. "

"Suppose we do." she grinned to him. "The blue ones are my favorite."

"Mine too." Griffin placed a hand on his heart. "We grow them at Aubrey Hall. Such a beautiful garden, all the colors you could imagine, Miss Edwina."

"It sounds as though-" Edwina began before the door swung open, Griffins face fell at the sight of his brother running into the room.

"Pardon me, Lady Danbury." Anthony cut in, Griffin looked to see Edwinas face had lit up at the sight of him.

"Uh, Lord Bridgerton, I did not expect you." Lady Danbury spoke in return.

"No, I seem to have fallen off the guest list." he passed Kate with an offended side eye. "Though, surely you'd never deny a young man you've known for twenty-nine years the pleasure of your company? And, neither would your footman at the front door."

"Arrogance." Griffin mumbled in disbelief.

"Apologies, Viscount. You appear to be late again." Kate mocked from his side. "We were just brining the evening to a conclusion-"

"Surely Miss Edwina has time for one more." Anthony cut her words short. "I've spent all evening crafting something. An original."

Griffin stared at him in disbelief, but Anthony granted him not even the smallest of looks. "Would you like to hear it?"