He shook his head, although she couldn't see him.

"No ma'am. You ca stay on da line, please? Or, you'a mind chillin' wimme?

It was silent on the phone for a little bit before she answered.

"Sure. Only for a couple of hours, okay? I have work in the morning. Send me your location, bug."

Kentrell softly smiled at the nickname, pulling the phone away from his ear and sending her the location.

"Ight. I sent it."

"Hold on, lemme make sure I got it."

There was small shuffling on her end before she spoke back into the phone.

"I got it. I'll see you in a few moments, okay?"

"Okay," Kentrell mumbled into the phone before hanging up.

He sighed, a small smile on his face as he saved her number.

The way she took up for him and repeated in his head over and over again for the past week.

Besides his cousin, there wasn't a female on gods earth who cared about him like he wanted to be cared for.

His mother, she didn't care about him unless it had something to do with money.

His sister didn't talk to him, mostly because his mother didn't.

His grandmother had died a long time ago.

And now, his own girlfriend constantly belittled him.

He was sure she didn't even like him, let alone love him.

It felt like he'd never be loved by a woman, not like his grandmother had loved him.

That was the first and last time he experienced a feeling such as that.

Grabbing his phone to check the time, he noticed that it was going on ten o'clock at night.

Shirley hadn't texted him not once, probably because she didn't care where he was at.

He could come in tomorrow morning and she still wouldn't even care to ask where he's been.

No argument, nothing.

Going back to his writing, he stared at the words on the page, a pout on his lips.

He was stuck. There was nothing in him that made him want to make music right now.

Besides, he had just put out an album anyway.

Although he was known for how much he dropped, he figured his fans needed time to catch up on all the music.

TWENTY MINUTES PASSED and Kentrell was still in the studio by himself.

He figured that Amani lied earlier and said she would come to get him off the phone.

Although it hurt his feelings, he really couldn't say he was surprised.

He should have never asked anyways.