[ 4 ] . lesson one

Start from the beginning

When it was 5:00 I found myself on Kayden's doorstep, waiting for him to open the door. When he did I smiled, seeing his warm eyes look down at me.

Kayden was tall, extremely tall. He had stubble on his chin, but it was too long and needed a trim. His hair looked a little greasy and his glasses were out of style. However, Kayden had pretty eyes. He had the sharpest jawline. His nose wasn't pointy or too big. His eyelashes were long. Kayden wasn't all that ugly underneath that bush of hair and shield over his eyes.

I then noticed that he was wearing a T-shirt which made my eyes widen in confusion when I saw his arms. I had never seen Kayden in a short sleeve shirt. I had no idea what was underneath. He had a few tattoos which was very unexpected for someone like him. And his arms were huge. So huge that you could see his muscles without even flexing. Since when did Kayden have muscles? I was not expecting that. I was utterly shocked to my core.

I wanted to ask him so badly, but I decided against it. From what I saw it seemed like Kayden never showed off his body. He always wore long sleeves. Why was he hiding it?

I had to pull my eyes away from his arms when he ushered me inside his house. How strange.

"I have everything in my room if you want to follow me," he said, turning so he could walk up the steps. His voice was deep, but not too deep.

I followed him to his room and took in everything I saw. His walls were painted a dark green and he had guitars hanging on his wall. My heart jumped at the sight of them. I loved music.

He went to his desk, sitting down as he motioned for me to sit on the seat next to him. It looked as if he had carried a chair to his room just for me. How sweet.

I sat beside him, watching him as he flipped through an algebra textbook.

"Thank you for helping me," I said, gazing down to math book.

"You're welcome," he said, his expression never changing until he found the page that he wanted.

"So we'll start with Algebra today and you have a test on Monday, so I'm going to help you study for it." I nodded as he spoke. Maybe if I got a good grade, Principal Tyler would put be back on the cheer team!

Kayden showed me a problem with lots of letters and fractions. Everything in math was so confusing to me. Letters? Really?

Kayden started to explain the problem to me but I found it hard to focus on his smart words. How did he like math? It was horrible.

"So you see the parenthesis? You have to do that last!" His words confused me for a second.

"But I thought that you did the problem in the parenthesis first?" I asked, feeling dumber than ever. Had I been wrong the whole time? "No, most people think that, but it's actually last. Like this," he said as he showed me how to do a problem.

The way he did the problem looked more confusing than before and sent my head into overdrive.

After about an hour of math he opened a health book and started to talk about the anatomy lesson our teacher had been teaching us this past month. You would think that I was absent because I had no knowledge whatsoever of a single bone on the human body.

"You have a bones test in a few weeks, tell me what you know and we'll go from there," he said, turning his gaze to me. Oh no. What I knew?

I thought hard until I magically pulled something out of my ass. "I know that this is the sternum," I said as I touched the bone between my breasts. When I touched myself there, Kayden immediately looked away and cleared his throat before he spoke, "Yeah, that's right." Did I make him nervous? Cute.