14: Midnight Mission

It was the middle of the night and Peter lay wide awake. He felt like he was waiting for something, or someone. He decided to go on a midnight mission, a little midnight patrol as Spiderman, after all he hadn't gone in a few days. He needed to get OUT. 

He landed on the rooftop and sat down. He swung his legs side to side, breathing in the Midnight air. It was so relaxing, and quiet until he heard a familiar FWOOM of Tony Stark's Iron Man suit. He didn't have time to deal with them honestly, he just wanted quiet. He used his Spidey senses, and realized almost all of them were there. "Wow. Almost all of you are here, I must really be special" he said without turning around. "Relax, we are just here to talk, we aren't going to fight" Tony said and muttered under his breath "Unless we have to" 

"Hey I heard that" Peter countered. "And I am relaxed" Peter turned around to face them, still sitting down. "What do you want?" He asked 

"To talk" came Natasha Romandoff's voice. "Well... we are talking now so can I leave?" 

"No, we need your identity" Bruce said. "And why is that?" Peter asked curiously

"Its just a precaution, in case you become a threat to the Avengers" Clint explained

"Well I won't and I won't be letting you get my identity either, sorry" Peter said as he got ready to escape. He started to run, but then Thor's hammer came crashing down on his chest as he moaned and groaned. He saw Tony put his mask on and got his repulsors ready. Peter couldn't move his body at all- except for his arms. He aimed towards Tony's repulsors and shot webs at it so he couldn't fire. He shot webs at Thor who called towards his hammer, which was now back in his hand. Peter got up. Now was his chance. He shot webs at Bruce, who was standing in the corner ready to become Hulk. He shot webs at Natasha, which stuck to her arm, even though he was aiming for her body. He shot webs at Clint's body and his bow and arrows so he couldn't shoot. They were all stuck, except for Wanda, and Tony. He shot webs at Tony's repulsors with one hand and with the other, at Wanda. He finally got Tony pinned down and was fighting Wanda. She either kept dodging or blasting the webs away with her powers. Then, out of nowhere, he felt the burn of the Iron Man repulsor on his side as he collapsed to the floor. Wanda used her powers to free the others and all of the sudden the Avengers were on him. He shot a web, aiming above his head and slid out of their grasp. Freedom tickled his spidey senses, but he felt Wanda's powers pull him down. He shot a web at her face and she stopped to get it off for a moment. He was free! Finally- but then Clint fired at Peter and he knew he wouldn't miss. It skinned his arm and he felt the blood seeping out, along with the burn from the repulsor. Thor threw his hammer once again and he was pinned to the wall. 

"Search his memories" Bruce said to Wanda as she creeped closer and closer to Peter. Bruce and Natasha were holding his arms against the wall while Thor's hammer pinned his chest. Wanda touched Peter's temples as he felt her enter his mind. GET OUT! He screamed in his head GET OUT NOW! YOU DON'T BELONG IN MY HEAD! YOU AREN'T ALLOWED HERE! Wanda tried to search his memories, but they were too heavily blocked. I SAID GET. OUT. OF. MY. HEAD!!!!! Peter felt a blast of power knocking Bruce and Natasha off of his arms, knocking Thor's hammer of his chest, and knocking the rest of the Avengers down. He got up quickly, and he caught his breath. He ran to the edge of the building, where he could still hear them talking. "He was blocking his memories" Wanda panted 

"How? Have you encountered people who have done that before?" Bruce asked

"No- I don't know how he did that without magic" Wanda responded

"Its possible..." He heard himself say. "With practice"

Peter turned around to look at them one more time, while'st clutching his arm. He aimed his good arm and swung away into the dark night. 

When Peter got back into his room, it was 2:34 A.M. and it was a school day, so he took a quick shower, cleaned the wound and wrapped it up in bandages and went to sleep.

It had been a rough morning.