Chapter 44: My Executioner

BOOM! Soldiers all across Drakase looked up at Oni Hill in shock and horror as an enormous pillar of flame and lightning pierced the sky, and blasted the clouds apart for several miles. The soldiers' hairs bristled, terrified by the suffocating pressure echoing from the mountaintop.

"Fall!" Atop the mountain, Kashi angrily roared as he glared through the sparking flames at Razznik, who had blocked his fist with a punch of his own.

In response, Razznik snorted as chaotic mana exploded around his arm. "This is not nearly enough."

Bam! A tremendous force blasted Kashi's arm back, leaving him wide open. Razznik stole into Kashi's space and then launched his right fist at the draconian's chest.

"How about this then!?" Surprsingly, Kashi did not bother dodging, but instead, stomped his right leg behind him to stabilize himself and then punched at Razznik's face.

Brackt! Razznik's fist slammed into Kashi's stomach, but not before breaking through a stone wall. Meanwhile, Kashi's fist crashed squarely into Razznik's jaw, sending the Chaos God sliding several meters back.

Fortunately for Kashi, his hastily erected stone wall absorbed most of Razznik's momentum, so he easily shrugged off the Chaos God's blow and frantically chased after him. "Don't you dare call me weak!" Kashi roared as he punched out a pair of lightning and fire dragons. The mana-constructs roared in unison as they bombed the still sliding Razznik.

Razznik's eyes narrowed as he observed the incoming attack. "What is wrong with calling a bug a bug?" He arrogantly snorted as he punched both dragons. Chaos mana blasted out from his fists, shattering the mana dragons from the inside out. The dragons exploded into smoke and dancing embers.

Whoosh! Kashi burst through the resulting sparks and relentlessly kicked at Razznik's head. Razznik effortlessly parried the repeated attacks, the rebounding force keeping Kashi aloft.

"I am not a bug." Kashi angrily retorted as he repositioned mid-air. Suddenly large air currents gathered around him before he suddenly shot down like a bullet. "[Sky God's Descent!}"

BOOM! Razznik crossed his arms and successfully blocked Kashi's boot. However, the kick was only the first phase of the attack. A massive column of compressed air blasted out from Kashi's boot, sending Razznik sliding back once again.

"Back then you called me a lazy copycat." Kashi's eyes burned as he reached to a set of quivers that appeared by his hips. "Let me show you what I've learned." With those words, Kashi pulled out five arrows from each quiver. Without delay, lightning streamed out from his hands, igniting the bolts in malignant lightning. "Eat shit!"

VWOOSH! The lightning arrows zapped out of Kashi's hands, disappearing across the field in the blink of an eye. Across from the draconian, Razznik's eyes grew dark, and a thin smile tugged at the edge of his lips. "That's a little better."

Razznik praised Kashi as he suddenly punched out several times in quick succession, leaving several afterimages in his wake. Razznik's arms were like cannons, launching dozens of compressed air bullets. Boom! Boom! Boom! Kashi's arrows exploded as they smashed into the bullets, but the draconian was far from perturbed. In a display of astonishing agility and stubbornness, Kashi dashed forward, jumping, sliding, and dodging his way through the bullets. Normally, this would have been Razznik's turn to counterattack, but Kashi somehow continued flinging arrows despite his predicament.

Surprisingly, this time, the arrows actively dodged the bullets as they sailed through the air before ascending before Razznik, their lightning trails resembling the raised heads of an Electric Hydra.

"Is this a little better?" Kashi sneered as he clamped his fist. In response, dozens of lightning arrows shot down at Razznik with extreme malice.