Chapter 25: The Sin Floors

Chapter 25

Kashi observed the cracking void with a wry smile. Damn it, he could 'see' Suzuki concentrating on a portrait in Orez. It did not take a genius to realize that Suzuki was painting the draconian's embarrassing pose.

"At least he seems to be enjoying himself." Kashi rubbed his temples to stave off the incoming headache and then shook his head. He pushed Suzuki's taunting to the back of his mind and focused on the shattered void.

Following a loud breaking sound, the void finally collapsed completely. Kashi braced himself and endured a sharp 'sucking' feeling like a black hole appeared in front of him. His vision briefly went dark, before an explosion of light nearly blinded him.

Kashi instantly shut his eyes. Soon enough, the 'sucking' ended, and Kashi felt himself falling. The draconian tentatively opened his eyes and found himself in a large rocky cavern. The cavern's ceiling was over one hundred meters high, and artificial luminescent stones embedded there lit up the dreary, rocky plain underneath.

Several gigantic stone statues stood around the grounds. Knowledgeable historians and worshippers would recognize the twenty gods. Intriguingly, a statue of Skyrm stood at the end of the cavern, its head lowered over a large door hewn into the wall.

These statues seemed to confirm that Skyrm was indeed a god, albeit of a lower status than the other nineteen.

"What is this!?"

Several cries drew Kashi's attention to other beings falling alongside him. Kashi recognized them to be the remnant demons on the second plane. Aside from the demons, many items were also in freefall, including swords, shields, spell books, potions, and many more.

Kashi's eyes gleamed when he saw these items. These were the treasures Razznik buried in the first two floors for challengers to find. When Kashi destroyed the void, these marked items got transported alongside all living creatures. As can be imagined, items Razznik designated as treasures certainly were not things to sneeze at.

Personally, Kashi did not need any of these items. Ferulic's Training Bow and Jingu Brush were both items that could grow infinitely alongside him. However, while Kashi did not need these items, the Hopeful Maggots were another matter entirely!

Without standing on ceremony, Kashi spread his wings and zipped across the sky. He ingeniously sucked each item into Orez by strategically opening the portal in positions that guaranteed the items would fall into the portal by their own accord despite his lack of movement.

Within a few moments, Kashi successfully sucked up every item, including those that fell to the ground. Only after he finished, did the draconian turn to look at the demons that were huddled on the ground.

As expected, a fall from this height did not deal too much harm to the sturdy demons. However, they did not dare to attack Kashi because he deliberately released his aura. The horrific aura informed the demons of their gulfing inferiority.

Demons were inherently cowardly bullies. They were strong against the weak, and weak against the strong.

Having completed his harvest, Kashi confidently flew over to the gaggle of cowards. He hovered over the group and pointed at the opposite end of the cavern from the obvious door. "In a few hours, a door will open there. You can take it to freedom."

Leaving those words behind, Kashi flew off, leaving the confused demons staring at his silhouette.

Kashi did not take the demons into Orez because demons were naturally chaotic creatures. They were formed from humanity's malice that gathered in the Netherrealm and was thus creatures that naturally sought destruction and chaos.