CHAPTER SEVEN

Gracie and Simba eventually tied the knot on a glorious Saturday afternoon and the weather was as beautiful as the bride. I was the maid of honor with a cousin and our other friends being the other bridesmaids. Simba was on point with his groomsmen in freshly ironed tuxedos.

The venue was like paradise - breathtakingly beautiful - and the decor was so incredible with the music making me tear up.

Nothing was more adorable than watching the flower girls and the mini bride walk down the aisle and we followed shortly with the groom and his team waiting for us - then the moment that everyone was waiting for, that is, the bride entering.

My Grace, my twin, my sis looked exquisite like she had come out of a magazine. That made me so proud of her and being her twin made me feel all the more important particularly when she got a standing ovation as she walked down the aisle being escorted by dad to her mesmerized groom.

My mind suddenly took a trip down memory lane as I recalled how I had bruised some hearts, damaged emotions but still justified myself until now. All of them were either engaged or just married now and the only singles I knew were either too young or simply very old widowers; talk about missing your window, I mused in my head.

"Why did you break up with Tendai? He is heartbroken Glo," I heard Grace voice from long ago.

'He forgot my birthday,' I had snapped.

"So?"

'So, there is no space in my heart for a man who forgets important dates.'

"You should see how devastated he is, you know he really cares for you,"

'Don't worry sis, he'll get over it,' I had said nonchalantly.
"You said that too about Phillip Glo, remember?"

'He deserved it, he was fifteen minutes late for our date and yet he knew how much I don't like waiting.'

"You are unbelievable!" Grace disliked that about me.

'The right person for me will show up one day, I mean, it will be effortless,' I had fantasized but now with my story, I wondered if that'd ever come to pass.

As I watched the flashback of my life, hearing my doubts...I could sense waves of guilt approaching but as promised, the Holy Spirit showed up and reminded me one more time;

"There is now 'no condemnation."

I smiled victoriously as the guilt bounced back where it came from. I had dressed up with the armor and the accuser could no longer touch me.

"Hallelujah!"

"You may now kiss the bride," the Pastor's voice brought me back to the present and everyone clapped and ululated.

Photo shoots, cake cutting, feasting, dancing and I caught the bouquet which really amused me.

'I mean I'm nowhere near tying any knot,' I laughed as Hannah waged her finger at me.

"God is full of surprises," she had said, "He is not done with you yet."

'I'm all in,' I said as a matter of fact.

The lovebirds left for their honeymoon and I left for Bulawayo with Hannah and her family. The road trip was fun-filled and it was the birth of a trip of a kind between Jordan, (Hannah's eldest son) and I. God was really full of surprises.

'All along, he's been more of a big brother to me,' I said shyly and Gracie broke in fits of excited laughter.

"I can't believe you didn't see the way he was checking you out Glo," she said shocking me.

'Don't be silly...I only said he's a nice guy who happens to get me...there isn't anything to it trust me, remember I'm still finding myself,' I said as she giggled.

"In the fullness of time..." she said, "Thou eyes shall see," she teased and we both laughed.

The city of Kings was kind to me as I got back on my feet. I took it one step at a time and His mercies were new every morning. Back at work, I was showered with so much love and I enjoyed it. Life went on as it always does.