𝟏𝟓, ғɪʀsᴛ ᴛʜɪɴɢ ғɪʀsᴛ

Start from the beginning

His laugh is cute.

Blushing, you made sure that he couldn't see the red cheeks of yours. You crossed your arms pouting a little as he kept laughing at your misery. Your heightened hearing was blessed by him. After his chuckle died down, he looked at you with the same playful and beautiful smile of his.

"Come on, don't be like that." And it made you sigh again, turning your head to him still pouting. "Did you have breakfast?"

You closed your eyes to remember. "I think I did. "

"Good." He leaned back, supporting his body with his arms. "We're reaching land, what do you have in mind to do there?"

"Well... Thatch asked me to come with him to get supplies, after that, I don't know. I guess I'll explore around." You answered, your eyes back to the ocean before you glanced at him. "And you?"

"I'll go get new books and some paper, would you mind if I go get you later? " He asked and you shook your head no. "Great, then I'll see you later. "

Marco stood up, patted your head and left to get his duties done. The Moby Dick was almost touching docks, and you couldn't wait to go around the place to find new ones, get into an adventure and see what this island had to offer you.

When the huge vessel was docked, you stood up after your commander called your name. Jumping from the bow, you were quickly by his side, grinnin excited for the little adventure with Thatch. He chuckled at your enthusiasm and patted your head without difficulties because, well, he was way taller than you.

As you both walked down to the town in the village, you spotted the very recognizable flag of the Navy. You squealed in surprise and hid behind your older brother. Thatch was startled by the sudden moves, but not surprised when he saw the reason.

The cook patted your head again and placed his hands on your shoulders. He made you look directly at his eyes, and not get your blue orbs looking at the danger.

"Look Y/N, they can't do anything to you. Why? Because you're a Whitebeard pirate, and you have a huge family looking after you, okay?" He did his speech to you, and nodded.

His words made you feel less stressed, but the restless sensation was still there, poking, nudging you to the edge. You shook your head to get rid of that.

You pulled Thatch into an alley that looked like a normal street with the size but it was almost covered in shadows so it was fine with you. Making sure no one came, you turned to a breathless commander of yours.

"*Wheeze* What *huff* was that for?!" He was quite angry at you for making him run out of the blue, but like always, you had your reasons.

"I have my reasons, Thatch. "

"Yeah *huff* and those reasons are the World Government going after your head and the Navy doing the same. " He stood up again after he gained his air back normally to his lungs. "Why did you run? Didn't you listen to what I was saying?"

"Look- if it were for me, I would be walking around the place without worrying-" you looked to the sides from the entrance of the alley, leaning on the wall. "But there's a man that's working under the World Government itself that I need to get rid of and he's too strong for me to even stand a good fight against him in this state."

You looked back at him and pushed him further into the shadows of the place you were both in. From your perspective, this was a good place to do it and show your big brother another side of you. You sighed and grabbed his hands with yours, eyes showing how desperate you were inside.

"Please, trust me."

He closed his eyes as he thought about it hard. Thatch trusted you, but he wanted you to understand that it was alright. His head was hurting a little from thinking so much so he just agreed.