Chapter 16: See You In Heaven

Duke's POV

I'm looking down at the empty street. The air here is cool because of the wind. But the sun heats the roof more and more with every second. I think I'm gonna explode. It's so freaking hot here. Maybe you are wondering why I am sitting on the roof, right? Or probably you don't give a shit. But I can't blame you. You don't even know me. Anyways. For those who care, I'm on the roof because I want to jump. Yeah, that's right. I want to die.

I can't believe that some freak with mental disorders killed Steff. And this fucking Lynch tried to hide this from me. I know that he cares about me, about Stefani, about Johnson and Gilinsky, Lotta and Mina, even about Kogie. But he had to tell me the truth no matter how painful it is. I prefer to be hurt with the truth than be comforted with a lie.

Don't think that I'm going to kill myself because of Lynch. Steff is dead, that's why. I can't imagine my life without her. I can't even believe that she isn't alive. My mind still can't understand that she will never come back. I will never see her again. I should die, I need to die. I can't live without Stefani.

I remember the day we met. She was one of those crazy girls. I was skating in the park and she was sitting on a bench with some girls. They were taking selfies. I passed by them and glanced at her for a second. But she saw me and then yelled "Hey, dude! Am I so interesting? Wanna come and take a pic with me?" I couldn't help and laughed. She looked so adorable.

My phone beeps quietly. I take it out of the pocket of my black leather jacket only to see a message.

Mom: Where are you, Dukey? Tell me that you're alright, please. Come home.

I bite my bottom lip. She doesn't even know that I am on the house's roof wanting to kill myself. Well, she isn't really my mother. I'm adopted. But she still cares about me. I don't even know why. I'm worthless. I'm not a good son. I deserve to die.

I glance at the phone screen for one last time and stand up. To be honest I'm not scared at all. I'm excited. My feet are only a step before the edge of the roof.

"I'm so sorry, mom. I just need to be with Steff." I whisper quietly. Nobody can here me, I know, but it doesn't matter.

I close my eyes and take a deep breath filling my lungs with cool fresh air. I feel free. It just can't get better.

"I'm coming, my love. See you in heaven."

The last step is made and seconds after everything blacks out.

*******************

Hey, readers! This chapter is short as hell and I'm so sorry but I promise to update tomorrow.

There are a few things I want to say.

1)I'm so thankful to the readers who vote. I literally love you, guys. I'm going to add you as characters, only if you want, but I have to tell that you won't be one of the main characters. So, Wishin_i_was_r5 jenifferponce3 Chickenlover1989 shorhugs Livvie_luv , if you want me to add you, comment. I have to know your name, age, appearance, character and favourite character from my book. I hope you would like to take part but if you don't there is no problem.

2)I was wondering who is your favourite and hateful character from my book?

Vote, comment, follow me and check my other books! Bye, lovers! ❤️❤️❤️✌️