Chapter 39: The Best of Belift pt. 2

Magsimula sa umpisa

"It's frustrating, I know. But you're making really good progress."

"I don't care!" Sunghoon threw a pillow across the room. "I hate this! I hate you!"

He curled up around Heeseung, weakly punching the older boy's thigh.

"I hate you," he cried. "And I hate myself."

"Why?" Heeseung whispered.

"Because I fucking did this! I fucking did this to myself. I can't fucking eat, I don't fucking like food, I can't pretend to fucking like food, I-"

"It's not your fault. You didn't do this to yourself, so stop saying that." Heeseung's face darkened. "I'm serious. You can cry, you can throw tantrums, you can blame me. But don't you dare say it's your fault."

Sunghoon sat up, hanging his head tearfully. "I'm sorry," he sniffled.

"Don't apologize," Heeseung smiled, pecking Sunghoon's forehead as he stood up to take the bowl back to the kitchen.

"Wait. Give me- Give me another." Sunghoon tentatively began eating again, finishing the remaining apple slices before pushing the bowl away. "Good?"

Heeseung nodded, fondly patting the top of Sunghoon's head. "Very good."

***

"Heeseung hyung," Taehyun whispered from his bundle of blankets on the couch. "Can I stay home? I don't want to go to the BTS concert."

"Are you sure?" Heeseung glanced over from the kitchen.

"Yeah." Taehyun shut his eyes, resting his head against the back of the couch. "I'm too tired."

Beomgyu suddenly feigned a yawn, stretching his arms. "I, uh- I'm a bit sore from yesterday. Debuting is a lot of work. I think I'm also going to sit out the concert."

Heeseung smiled. "Okay. You two have fun."

"Beomgyu," Yeonjun sternly called. "Not on any of our beds unless you want to die. Got it?"

"My god." Beomgyu rolled his eyes, collapsing onto the couch beside Taehyun. "We weren't going to do anything. We're probably just going to watch a movie. Right, Tae?"

Taehyun quietly snored, having drifted off the moment the attention in the room shifted off him.

"Oh." Beomgyu cocked his head to the side. "I guess it'll just be me watching the movie then."

Heeseung lightly laughed. "Alright, well, we're about to head out, so if either of you changes your mind, call us, and we'll come back for you, okay?"

"Yep, got it." Beomgyu pulled out his laptop, leaning against Taehyun and making himself comfortable on the couch. "See you guys later."

***

"Aye! There he is!" Yeonjun grinned. "Changbin, my man, what's-"

"No." Changbin shut the door in Yeonjun's face.

"Come on, dude, please," Yeonjun begged, ringing the doorbell to the Stray Kids dorm over and over again. "We just need to borrow your van for a couple hours."

The door opened again.

"Don't you have access to BTS's driver?" Changbin sighed. "Oh. Hey, Heeseung."

"Hi." Heeseung awkwardly fiddled with his fingers, glancing down. "I'm really sorry to ask for a favor like this, but-"

"The driver's busy!" Yeonjun cut in. "She's driving BTS. We're second priority, man. And anyway, we don't all fit in one car. Well, at least, legally, we don't. We need you. Please."