• 4 Seoul's ruins •

Start from the beginning

Seokjin didn't go further not to leave Taehyung and Namsu alone for too long. He went back to his tracks and called discreetly the other two humans not to get too much intention.

They obediently followed the large-shouldered man by close, watching his back. Taehyung made sure to also wear his gas mask. The three of them were armed and ready; the boys had their guns and the girl still had her knife.

They arrived in a room that led the other way to another corridor. They quickly entered it but Seokjin stopped in his tracks, hiding behind a piece of furniture. "Hide." They both did as he said obviously not asking questions.

In the corridor was passing a racer. Once he passed by the room, stumbling on its feet like a perfect drunk idiot, Seokjin signaled them to hush and follow him. They entered the corridor making sure this racer was alone. Seokjin let Taehyung guide them further while he was watching their backs, never letting the tip of his gun off the back of the clueless zombie, while they both kept Namsu in between them, consideredly. He could shoot it and get rid of it, but he didn't want to take to risk to alert its friends or some slammers.

They successfully entered a new room without attracting unwanted attention, this one was as dark as the other ones. As creepy and dirty. As lifeless but haunting at the same time. Not only Namsu but the three of them wanted to get out of there the quickest as possible, the spooky quietness sent a chill down their spines. Something could pop up at any moment, and kill them just as quickly. But they had no idea where the outing was and how many zombies they were now surrounded by.

But shortly after they arrived, by chance, Namsu found a door that was leading outside. "Guys! Look!" She whisper-yelled a bit too enthusiastically and opened the door wide. The boys exchanged a look before running to her side.

"Hush!" Taehyung put his finger over his mask as if it was his lips and Seokjin got out first, fearing there were infected people waiting outside or maybe being alerted by the sound of the door opening.

Looked like it was a lucky day. There was not a cat outside. They breathed a sigh of relief, allowing their alerted muscles to relax a bit and the boys took their masks off, allowing themselves to breathe clean air again. 

When they moved their torches to look around, they found themselves trapped in between four high walls, even though the night sky was shining with stars above them; it had stopped raining and the black clouds had gone away. Namsu's shoulders went down in disappointment when she noticed no way out at first. The place was large tho, about ten square meters. 

Seokjin noticed a garage door, it was the only way out except for going back to where they were but that was now impossible, Namsu's breath got stuck in her lungs in dread. 

"Uhh, guys!" Namsu's voice trembled at her sight. Taehyung turned around to see that racers were coming at them from the door they dumbly stayed open. They had been alarmed by the sound of the door, just like they feared.

Taehyung turned to Seokjin who was trying to open the metal garage door with the only strength of his arms. "Jin, quick!" He was already doing his best and wanted to answer back at his stupid and annoying comment but he didn't have the time or the strength.

"They're here!" Namsu urged and turned one last time before sliding under the small opening Jin had managed to make, followed by Taehyung. Jin got in just in time, releasing the heavy door on the few zombies that got to pass certain of their members, cutting them off.

They made disgusted faces before quickly turning their torches on to examine if the place they were in was safe.

Namsu allowed herself to sit on the ground when she saw they were safe for the moment, tired of everything that was going on. She sighed deeply, feeling sweat rolling on her forehead.