"Thalia, I." She looked different. Different, but good. Her hair was still red and her eyes were bright green. She wore a black skin-tight dress. I hated the way I looked her over. It was like an instinct. I pealed my eyes from her.

I had Aurelia.

"No." I stuck my finger up to silence her. I felt anger that I had thought I left behind a while ago. "Why is she here?"

"That's what the hell I'm tryna figure out, d'accord?" Gaia said with her hands flung out. "Elle vient d'apparaître ici" (She just showed up here). She said obviously really irritated.

With a deep breath I faced her. "Why are you here, Valentina," I asked my ex.

"Who gives a fuck why she's here. I was just about to kick her out." She took a step closer to her. "Lucky I don't beat her ass right now, the kids are upstairs with Jesse."

I got in between them. "G, go upstairs, I got it."

"Eh? Non, elle t'a brisé le coeur. Elle-"

"I got it." I told her firmly.

Gaia huffed. She peeked over my shoulder, flipping a middle finger at Valentina, who was still quiet.

When Gaia got in the house I walked to the door to make sure she actually went upstairs.

I turned and faced Val. "Well..." I motioned for her to explain.

"Thalia, I just." She let out a sob, "I'm so sorry. I can't, I'm so sorry that I hurt you, that I hurt you, I betrayed you. I was horrible." She was wrong, she wasn't horrible, she just did a horrible thing.

"Valentina," I started but she stopped me.

"Thalia, you, you gave me everything and I am so sorry I did this to you." She walked up to me and traced the scar on my face. "I thought he, I don't know what I thought, he just, he was there."

I didn't say anything more. There were too many feelings. "Here let's sit down." I moved her hands from my face. I took a seat on one of the lawn chairs. It was dark out but G had lights all over her backyard. It was beautiful.

"I don't know how to talk to you," I said after a moment of silence

"I don't know what to say, I spent every day trying to figure out how this would go."

"Start from the beginning?" I said. She nodded.

"It started at the Bradford Gala." She said after a deep breath. "We, um, we had a little fight a few hours before." She said looking around trying not to cry,

"Yeah, I remember," I said quietly. I don't know why I felt so nervous, but I did.

"You told me that we would talk after, I forget what the fight was about exactly, it was probably something stupid," She lightly laughed.