27

Jennie's POV

I gulped down the urge to go in and hug you. I'm outside of Jisoo's room. I can hear her sobbing while holding the bracelet. I heard everything. I feel bad. I shouldn't have flirted with her. She is broken and it'll look like I'm trying to take advantage of the situation.

I walked back to my room silently. Jisoo must be hating to be here with me. It's all mom's fault. She shouldn't have forced her to take care of me. In this series of incidents, Jisoo is the one hurt the most.

I never thought that Soojoo, who never had a conversation with Jisoo, can be obsessive over her. I feel really bad for her. I know how she is feeling right now. I felt this same pain years ago when I found out Jisoo was gone. I regretted treating her badly that time.

Surely Regret is the most painful emotion.

I heard knocked on the door. I pretended to sleep.

"Ah Jennie, are you sleeping?" I heard her voice.

I turn to her, "why?"

"Your mom called me. She can't come tonight." She said, not coming in my room.

"Oh it's okay. I'll just take a nap now." I said, turning away from her. I'm not really feeling like talking to anyone.

"But you need to take a bath. It's already evening." She said, making me groan.

I get up and took the towel, clothes before heading towards the bathroom. Surprisingly Jisoo followed me also.

I turned around, "what? Are you gonna bath me also?" I asked jokingly.

She blushed, "no I mean yes kind of. The doctor told me to change the bandages every 6 hours."

Now it's my turn to get shocked. Damn this doctor! It'll really awkward for us. I didn't said anything as she followed me in the bathroom.

"Ah let me help you." She said as I tried to remove the shoulder immobilizer.

She gently removed it without putting much pressure. Now it's my turn to remove the tshirt, but I can't move my hand much.

"Don't force yourself." She said lightly before coming closer to me.

I can't look at her. I'm feeling like my heart is about to jump out. She take off my tshirt. I'm only in my bra. God damn! I'm feeling extremely shy now.

"Can you sit on the counter? I'll just change the bandages."

I nodded and sit on the counter. She is really efficient in this work. I didn't feel a slightest bit of pain. I can't help but to stare at her beautiful face. She becomes really more beautiful in those years. My eyes fell on her lips. It's looking luscious. I want to taste her lips again. I had a lot of affairs and one night stands but no one ever feels like Jisoo. I crave for her touch so much.

"It's done." She said, not noticing me staring at her.

I'm trying to suppress the urge to kiss her. She was about to move away but I hold her hand, slightly pull her closer.

"W-what are you doing?" She stuttered as her eyes becomes wide in surprise.

I hold her cheek before leaning in.

Jisoo's POV

I was so surprised that I couldn't move. I want to move away from her, it's wrong but I stay rooted in my place. I close my eyes as she lean in. After a second I feel her hugging me.

"Let me hug you. Please don't move away." She said in a low, broken voice.

I feel bad. My heart unintentionally clenched in pain. She nuzzled her face in the crook of my neck. She just hummed in content. I didn't hug her back, I caress it.