26

Jisoo's POV

3 weeks later...

"Be careful." I said helping Jennie getting out of the car.

She discharged today from the hospital. I already cleaned her house and fixed her room. For the meantime I'll stay in her house. I took sometime off from my work as well. Irene will inform me if anything urgent happen, otherwise she will be the one handling the company. I trust her so much. She is really reliable.

"You can hold my waist. There's no need to hesitate." Jennie said, snapping me out of my thoughts.

"Uhm yes." I hold her waist to support her.

I'm still quite awkward with this closeness. It's been years we break apart and those incidents happened with me. It builds up some anger and disgust for Jennie. The distance between us is really big, at least from my side.

I opened the door and go in with her. I sit her on the couch.

"I'll get you water. It's the time for you medicine." I said before going in the kitchen.

She take her medicine. She changed a lot. Everytime I do anything, she will thank me or try to do small things by herself just to lessen my burden.

"What do you wanna eat? I'll make it." I asked.

"I'm not that hungry yet. Um why don't you sit down. You didn't have a good rest since I admitted to hospital." She said, looking concerned.

I sometimes want to laugh at her behavior. When I wanted her attention and care, she never give me that. Now she is being the type of person I appreciate the most, but it's too late.

I smiled, sitting down beside her. "Your mom will come here tonight."

"Why? Everyday she came to the hospital. Her blood pressure is gonna be high because of taking too much stress." Jennie rambled angrily.

I couldn't help but to giggle at her cute face. I guess no one can be cute like this.

"Why are you laughing?"

"Nothing nothing. You look really cute--" I stopped. God damn! I said it out loud.

She stared at me with a smirk in her face. I want to slap myself. She is gonna tease me now.

"Oh so I'm still cute huh?" She asked wiggling her eyebrows.

I rolled my eyes. "I'm going to cook now. You should watch movies or just take a nap. I'll take you to your room." I said getting up.

"Nooo!! I wanna watch you cook. I don't  wanna take nap. All these days I'm mostly sleeping." She whined, holding my hand.

I sighed before nodding. She happily go in the kitchen and sit down there while I start to prepare to cook.

"I'll make some chicken soup and rice." I said.

"But I wanna eat something spicy."

"No. You are not fully healed yet. I'm not gonna cook you anything spicy."

"You're a strict wife hmpk!" She said pouting.

I clenched my fists. I'm not your wife anymore Jennie. We are still married by the law but not by heart. I didn't said anything and focused on cooking.

"I'm done cooking. Let's ea--" I turn around to see her sleeping peacefully on the chair.

Aishh this idiot. I told her to take nap. I put the dishes on the dining table. I walked towards her. Her head is in awkward position. She will have cramp in her neck.

I gently shook her, "Jen wake up. The food is ready."

She groaned but didn't opened her eyes, instead she pulled me closer. I almost lost my balance.

"Yah! What are you doing?" I said loudly making her startle.

"Why are you shouting?"

"Why did you pull me? I almost lose my balance. What if I fall on you? You'll get hurt idiot!" I scolded her.

She just stared at me blankly before breaking into an idiotic sweet smile.

"But you smell so sweet. I just want to hold you." She said simply. Then stared at my eyes before her gaze fall on my lips.

Just then I realize how close we are. I moved away immediately.

"Let's eat now." I said avoiding her eyes.

Now there's another problem, that she can't eat using her hands. I understand that she can't use her left hand but her right hand is perfectly fine!

"Chu feed me please." She said, putting on a cute face.

I really want to beat her up. She knows that I don't want to get close to her. She is doing it on purpose.

"Your right hand is perfectly fine. As far as I know you're a right handed person." I said staring at her blankly.

"Doctor told me not to do anything. You are neglecting your duty Mrs. Kim." She said smirking.

I was about to curse at her. I hate it when she call me Mrs. Kim. I fucking don't want to be her wife!

I didn't responded to her and feed her silently. It's nerve wrecking to take care of her.

After leaving Jennie in her room. I come to my room. I lay down on the bed.

"Ugh! It's exhausting." I said turning to the window.

I found Lisa's bracelet on the bedside table. I must have left it here last night. I take it in my hand. I found the initial of Lisa's 'L' and a small heart just beside it.

I give to her on her 22nd birthday. She was really happy. She always wear it everyday.

"Only if I accepted you a bit early and never came here, you'll be with me right now. I'm sorry Lisaya. I never thought you'll leave me like this." I sobbed holding the bracelet close to my chest.

It hurts so much. Not a single day that I spent without thinking about her. It happened because of me. If I didn't let my anger for taking revenge on Jennie got me, we would be happily living together.

"I miss you so much.. I wish I can die, so I'll be together with you." I mumbled looking up at the almost dark sky.

_________________________________________

70 votes for this chapter!