"And whose fault is this?" dad said holding a broken heel.

"I don't remember what you are talking about", mom said avoiding our eyes and searching in the box.

"Of course, you don't remember it. Nobody ever wants to remember that day. Especially, Katherine", dad said rolling his eyes.

"What happened?" I asked curiously.

"When we were in college, there was this girl Katherine. She liked me too. So, even when I was already dating your mother, she was trying to hit on me. So, one day she cornered me in the halway and was trying to kiss me. Your mother saw us from across the hall and threw this heel at Katherine. That is not it. She had thrown it with such force that the heel broke when it hit Katherine's face and her jaw was fractured", dad said making my jaw fall. Aaron was chuckling beside me.

"Remind me to never be on your bad side. Ever", I told mom laughing.

"Don't blame me. I had warned her almost ten times before that. She had it coming", mom just shrugged it off.

"You were lucky that no one else was there. You could have been in jail for abuse or expelled for good. I had to go out on a date with her to stop her from going to the dean, woman!" dad told her raising his voice a little.

"Well, all's well that ends well", mom shrugged making me laugh harder.

"Oh my god! Look at this. Aaron!" mom said holding a cute little white onesie.

"Mom.." Aaon groaned blushing a little. I understood that it is his.

"That is so cute", I said stressing on so.

"It is Aaron's. He always looked so cute in it. I had saved it since then. I am so glad it didn't get destroyed. When you have kids, you can make him or her wear this. There should be one of Daniel's too", mom said and went back to gushing over it with dad.

Kids? Our kids? Aaron and I? Don't know if that can ever happen.

I looked at Aaron and he looked back at me. I was trying to guess his thoughts. What was he thinking? We had never talked about it. Does he even want kids? Maybe, he will have kids with his wife in future. The one he marries after we are divorced. He may say right now that he will not divorce me but, I will get him to do it someday. If not, he might eventually find his one true love and want to marry and have kids with her. Guess, it will be exactly the life mom wants for him, just without me and with someone else in it.

I looked away and somehow, my imagination created a picture on it's own. One where a certain blond, clingy woman with the most irritating voice had replaced me. I don't know why but, that made my blood boil. The thought of Ashley Jones replacing me made me want to throw that broken heel on Aaron's face and break his jaw.

"Aaron, do you remember this necklace?" mom asked pulling me back to reality.

"Isn't that the one for which you were always after Dad? Since like two years ago? When did you manage to make him buy it for you?" Aaron asked.

"He lost a bet", mom smirked at dad.

"Thanks to you, son", dad shook his head.

"Me? What did I do?" Aaron asked frowning.

"Remember the first time you got Amy home for our anniversary dinner? During that dinner, we had noticed how smitten you were with Amy the whole time. You could hardly keep your eyes off her. You were smiling and laughing like you never did before. That day we both knew that Amy is our future daughter-in-law", mom said smiling at us.

I was shocked. If our relation was a normal relation, I would have probably blushed thinking that it was cute and romantic. But, in this case, I didn't understand it at all. We were not even dating at that time. We had known each other for four months and were still just friends. Why would Aaron do that? Was he planning to fool his parents too? Or did he not want to drop his act even for a minute?