At about five o' clock, I decided to call it a day. I drove back home and reached at about six. I rang the bell and mom opened it.

"Ah! Welcome back, Amy. Perfect timing", mom said.

"Perfect timing?" I asked as I went in.

"Yes. Josh got these boxes containing some things from the house that were not burnt in the fire. We were about to open them and look at the items. Good you are here. Now I can have someone to share my stories with. These two are just useless", mom said pointing at dad making I laughed.

"Let the girl breathe, Diana. We can open the box after a while. She just came home", Dad said rolling his eyes.

"You are not tired, Amy, are you?" mom said and I just shook my head. Just looking at her so excited made me loose all the tiredness that I had.

"Perfect! I'll get something for you to eat though. You must be starved", mom said disappearing into the kitchen.

"Where's Aaron?" I asked no one specifically. He wasn't in the living room right now.

"He has gone into his study. He just got home and had some files to put in the cupboard", dad answered.

"Just got home?" I asked surprised. He was working from home today, wasn't he? He even made me cancel all his appointments today morning.

"Yeah, he got a call from his friend, Ashley in the afternoon. She needed some help. So, he went to help her", mom said as she handed over the plate to me.

"Ashley? Ashley Jones?" I asked raising an eyebrow.

"Yeah, our old neighbor from back in Nashville. Have you met her?", mom asked gesturing dad to get up and at the same time Aaron opened the door to the study and walked out. I turned to look at him.

"Yes, I have met her a couple of times", I answered turning back to see that they were gone. Just the name of Ashley Jones left a sour taste in my mouth. Gone was my happy mood.

"You are home? How was your day?" Aaron asked sitting next to me.

Great! Now he wants to play the perfect husband.

"Good. Great actually, since my crazy ass boss wasn't around", I whispered to him making sure mom and dad didn't hear.

Aaron chuckled, "So, you missed him, huh?"

"No, not at all. We both had a fun afternoon away from each other. I enjoyed working while he was helping his friend. He was supposed to be home with his parents for which he had initially decided to take a leave. But, who am I to say anything", I shrugged looking at nothing in particular.

Aaron raised an eyebrow at me and was about to open his mouth but, mom and dad walked in with a box and we stopped talking. Aaron got up to help them get it to the couch area.

We all settled down and mom opened the box. She picked out random stuff and talked about them, throwing somethings away. Finally, she picked out a small box from inside and opened it.

"Oh! Oh my god! Josh, do you remember this?" mom asked smiling at dad holding a small ring. It looked like it was a cheap one and old as it had lost it's polish.

"Of course, I do, sweetheart. How can I forget this?" dad said kissing her.

I just stared at them with question.

"That is the ring that dad had bought for mom from his first paycheck when they were in college. He had proposed to her with it for the first time", Aaron told me.

"First time?" I asked with surprise.

"Yes, I had to propose to her twice", dad told me.

"Totally his fault", mom said placing the box aside.