15

I had spent the majority of my Saturday in bed, using the excuse of a hangover whenever Mindy had questioned me.

I was hiding under my covers, letting the events of last night replay in my mind.

Owen, Scooter finding out, love confession.

This shit was so stupid, what even were the chances that Scooter even remembered what he said to me?

I groan and throw the covers off of me, I can see Mindy jump from the corner of my eye.

"Jesus." She whispers.

I slowly make my way out of bed and grab my towel and shower things, "What are you doing?" Mindy asks from her bed, filing her nails down.

I look down at the towel and shampoo/conditioner bottles, "Showering?"

Mindy raises an eyebrow, "You going to tell me what happened last night?"

I scrunch my eyebrows in confusion, "How did you get me showering relating to last night?"

Mindy shrugs and looks me up and down, "The fact that you have hickeys on your neck. Besides, you never stay in bed past 1 when you're hungover."

I look over at the clock on my nightstand to read 3:12, "Nothing happened." I grumble.

Mindy rolls her eyes, "Whatever." She goes back to filing her nails and I just stare at her. When she looks back up at me she shrugs and gestures towards the door, "Well, go shower. Don't let me keep you waiting."

I blink.

She waves at the door again.

I shake my head and leave the room, confused.

The shower burns my skin, and I let it. I sigh and scrub at it, trying to erase all of the memories of last night. Being with Owen is always great, yes, but the whole Scooter situation made me nauseous.

I scrub harder, trying to get the smell of weed and sex off of me. I scrub until my skin is raw and burning.

By the time I finally get out of the shower, my skin is red and the cold air soothes it. I wrap myself in a towel and move toward the mirror, staring at myself. I grab my hairbrush and brush out the tangles in my hair.

I glance at the hickeys adorning my body and I feel nauseous again.

I grab all my things and walk out of the communal bathroom. As I close the door, I come face to face with someone I very much didn't want to see.

"Scooter-"

He looks down at me and I open my mouth to speak again but close it quickly and turn, walking back into the bathroom. The closest safe place.

"Fuck. Fuck, shit."

"You ok?" Someone asks.

I look over to see a girl leaning on the counter, her face red from picking at it, a towel still wrapped around her body, "Yeah, fuck, I'm um, I'm fine."

She scrunches her eyebrows, "You don't sound fine."

I look behind me at the door and then back at the red head, "Well, no, I'm fine. It's fine." She gives me a pointed look, "Really? You want me to-?"

She nods and hops up on the counter, staring at me, "I've got time, what's going on?"

I sigh and run a hand through my soaking hair, "I've been friends with this guy since we were in diapers, right?" The girl nods at me, "And last night I was drunk and hooked up with one of his...well I guess they're friends, one of his friends and he basically caught us. He got really upset about it and left me to go get drunk. Then when I took him home, he said he was in love with me and oh my god I don't know what to do. And he's outside, or he was, I don't know anymore. I just, fuck, I don't think he remembers telling me he loves me too; so that just means that he's still mad at me for sleeping with his friend. I don't know what to do because I feel bad obviously but...Fuck, I just don't know." I ramble.