13

I've been ignoring Rick and Scooter for a couple days now, effectively getting them to leave the JV kids alone as they tried to get back in my good graces. The only way that they had actually been able to get me to speak to them was by promising to throw a party and to let me get as drunk as I could without dying.

The only issue was that I had to wait until Friday, but the issue is resolved as now it's Friday. I've been bouncing around all day, just waiting for the end of the it. I knew I would have to wait until after the Varsity boys' game but hey, I would be as happy as ever afterwards.

"Do you have to pee?" Owen whispers to me in our English class.

I look over at him, "What? No."

Owen looks me up and down, "You're bouncing around like you have to, I was just checking."

I notice my bouncing legs and I rest my hands on top of them, trying to calm my excitement, "Should I wait until you two finish your conversation, or may I continue teaching?" My teacher's booming voice calls out.

I glance up to see her staring at me and then I look over at Owen, "Yes, that would be lovely, thank you." I smile sweetly at her. She shakes her head at me and turns back to the black board, continuing on with her lesson. Out of the corner of my eye, I see Owen trying to shrink into his seat, covering his mouth with his hand as he snickers.

The bell rings five minutes later and I practically jump out of my seat. Owen catches my arm before I can leave the class, "So, are you coming to our game tonight?"

I look at him and pretend to think for a moment, "Hm, well, I guess I can make an appearance."

Owen smiles and shakes his head at me, "Funny."

"Hilarious."

Owen lets go of my arm as we reach the door and go our separate ways, he leaves me with a smirk imprinted on his face.

"God, he is so into you."

I turn sharply to see Scooter leaning on the lockers, arms crossed. I look over my shoulder and watch as Owen turns around a corner, "Owen?" I ask, turning back to look at Scooter. He nods and I start laughing, "Can I not have a platonic relationship with someone of the opposite sex without you thinking they're into me?"

Scooter smiles widely at me, "No, I don't believe you can."

I roll my eyes and gently push Scooter back into the lockers as I start to walk away from him. He, of course, follows me, "My dearest Scooter, I do believe that you are wrong about Owen. He's just a flirt."

"So are you."

"And what about it?" Scooter shrugs, "I don't flirt with Owen anyways."

Scooter scoffs, "Yes you do."

"How so?"

"I don't know, you just do."

It's my turn to scoff, "Yeah, whatever."

"You're coming to the game, right?"

"How many times are you going to ask me that? I already said yes. Besides, you're driving me to whatever party you guys have planned or found or whatever."

Scooter groans as we leave the school building and start walking towards the dorms, "Why can't you drive?"

"Stop whining. Besides, you guys promised me that I could get drunk and I don't think driving drunk is exactly the best idea." I look up at Scooter to see him making a face, I bump into him and he turns down to look at me, "Oh, you'll be fine. If you want to drink just get Rick or Cole to drive."