Riding out slowly from my hiding place, I gave Ian one last glance before turning and heading through the other way.

~*~

"A shooter named Sniper Robinson was caught today, apparently by the City Hunter just before he could harm a mother and child, Cheryl Williams and Ian walker. Sources say that Sniper Robinson was ---" I switched off the TV just as I heard footsteps behind me.

"Oh come on. Who else has the guts to walk into this apartment if not me? And besides, it used to be mine."

"Enzo!"

I threw my bucket of popcorn and jumped on him, almost sending him falling back with the force of my embrace.

"Oh Shortcake, I missed you too."

There was something more that Enzo Reitz and I had. He was a partner, the first person who volunteered in helping me out in my secret crusade, but he was also like a brother to me. The first time we both met, he had saved my life in Rome, five years ago, where I was almost stabbed to death by one of Antonio's adversaries.

"We have a lot to catch up on like---"

"I know." I said, plopping down on the sofa. "I know."

He jumped me on the sofa as I switched the TV back on. "You were a hero today. Those kids were proud of you."

"Ian was first."

"Shayne's son?"

I nodded. "I don't know but that smile on his face made me realize that there was more to life than just being a criminal and running around catching villains."

"There is more to life. It all just depends on you."

"He was really excited today. If only he knew the one person he thinks irritates him the most is the same person he's been cheering all day, trust me, he wouldn't be that excited."

"He would, trust me."

I snorted. "So did you find out the person who sent Sniper to kill Cheryl?"

"Turns out it's her father's wife."

I scrunched my brows. "Her father's wife? Like, stepmom?"

He nodded. "Stella Williams."

"But why would her stepmother want her dead?"

"Is there anything more other than the property taking over shit and all of that stuff? It's their business anyways, not yours. So about Mauro Thumson---"

"No. It's my business too. I can't just sit around and let someone hurt her when I know that I can stop them."

"Shayne can. I'm sure he knows by now. He wouldn't let any come their way."

"But Shayne's always busy."

"He's a boss. Plus, a mob boss. Except now, he's having second thoughts, thinking now that there is more to life than just being a criminal and running around killing people."

"He has a family. A son. Something to live for."

"And you don't?"