haikus for lisa abbott

Sirius, Remus, James, and Peter sat around their dormitory, snacking on the treats they'd brought back from Honeydukes. James was joking on about Peter's little crush on Lisa Abbott, making up haikus on the pair's relationship. 

"Lisa my lover -

You make my rat tail shiver -

Oh please love me back."

"You're such a prat Prongs!" Peter laughed, shaking his head. "I swear she was givin' me the eye in The Three Broomsticks."

"You should write novels, Wormtail. Your imagination is next-level:

Lisa looked at me -

Her bosom heaved at my charm -

I am so happy."

Peter grabbed a balled-up sock from the end of his bed and chucked it at James, nearly knocking the boy's glasses off. 

"Oi!"

Remus sniggered at his friends' antics, leaning against the wall. He glanced over to Sirius, who was being unusually quiet as he chewed on a taffy.

"Alright, mate?" Remus inquired. Sirius had promised the boys earlier that his conversation with Neoma was just her crying about "bullshit pureblood stuff", but Remus had a feeling that there was more to it. 

"Fine." Sirius mumbled, wondering exactly how to tell his friends that Dumbledore was recruiting people to, in Neoma's words, 'duel evil' - AKA stop Voldemort from killing any more people, stop him from infiltrating The Ministry, and stop him from turning students into psychotic murderers. 

Did Regulus have the dark mark yet?

Upon reflection, Sirius realized how terrifying it all was. He agreed to help before he really knew the extent of the situation, and he was positive that his friends would do the same ... but what was he getting them into? 

How long, how serious, would the war be? Surely it would be an easy win with Dumbledore on their side ... right?

Would they die? 

No, that was out of the question.

"My heart doth beateth -

For a woman so divine -

Lisa, please be mine?"

Peter started throwing half-chewed, rotten-tasting jellybeans that he'd spit out earlier towards James's head. One was mis-fired and fell into Remus's lap, who chucked it back in Peter's direction.

Sirius cleared his throat. "Prongs, as beautiful as your poetry is -"

"My name is Padfoot -

I like to lick my arsehole -

I am a good dog."

All four boys broke out into laughter. James looked incredibly pleased with himself.

"Seriously, guys, I have something to talk to you all about." Sirius regained his composure, shoving his hands into his pockets. "I hate to be a downer, but it's important."

The other three calmed down and looked toward their friend. Usually Remus was the one to remind them that life didn't consist of girls, stupid jokes, and the occasional prank. Sirius tended to avoid heavy conversations at all costs.

"Regulus is getting the dark mark this summer, if he doesn't already have it."

"And you're surprised by that?" James rose a brow. "I mean, we all knew it was coming, mate. It sucks, but ..."