ABIGAIL SUMMERS AND A 'FRIENDLY' FOE

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

"MOM, WHERES OUR GUNS LOCATED?" abigail yelled through the house to her mother, who was sitting in the living room with bryan in his hands. julie summers looked over at her daughter, who looked like she was about to go to war. "its just for protection, you know?" she reassured as julie pointed towards the basement. abigail gave a half smile at her mother before opening up the door. she ran down the basement stairs, going through every drawer and cabinet. 

abigail opened up a cabinet, a smile lighting up on her face as she grabbed a handgun. she definitely couldn't bring a shotgun around town, so she just put the handgun and bullets in her pocket. the brunette opened the basement door to see evelyn outside swinging around a mallet, practicing for a monster in front of her. "lets go," abigail stated scaring the redhead. evelyn looked at abigail before the two started to walk to the wheelers to find nancy.

they found the brunette with a baseball bat in her hands, "hey!" nancy greeted. evelyn hugged the brunette making abigail raise an eyebrow, but she didn't question it. they all started to head to where jonathan told nancy to meet up. abigail stayed behind the two, evelyn and nancy just talking away like they were best friends since birth. she fiddled with her jacket, her hands shaking. abigail didn't want to go in the upside down again, she didnt want to find will dead thats for sure.  "you're supposed to hit the cans, right?" nancy asked as they looked at jonathan byers, missing every single can with his shots.

"no, actually, you see the spaces in between the cans? im aiming for those," jonathan replied as the three walked up to them. 

nancy smiled, "ah." she put down her bag and bat as abigail pulled out her gun. she only touched a gun when she was younger before the lab. her father taught her how to shoot them, just in case anything bad happened to her. she loaded the gun as jonathan, nancy, and evelyn talked. abigail put the gun up, closing her left eye as she aimed for the can in front of her. she put her finger on the trigger, sighing, before pulling it. 

the gun went off making evelyn jump from beside her. the can knocked down, making abigail smirk, "sorry, i got a little excited," she told the group before stepping back. she put the gun in her jacket again, unloading it, of course. she watched as jonathan taught nancy how to shoot his gun.

"i dont think my parents ever loved each other, " nancy told jonathan, snapping abigail out of her daze. she frowned, she knew her parents were the happy couple when they first started dating, but when abigail came along... they fell apart so quickly. she never knew why they couldn't just divorce, but of course she was sent away for years so she never knew what happened while she was gone.

"they must've married for some reason," jonathan replied. 

"my mom was young," nancy put the gun up, "my dad was older, but he had a cushy job, money, and came from a good family. so they bought a nice house at the end of cul-de-sac.... and started their nuclear family."