Chapter 30

Naruto's feet made contact with the battlefield, Samehada out in his hand. He stared down his opponent, both hosts of Tailed Beasts ready to brawl.

'Begin!' The proctor swiftly cleared the arena for the two shinobi, both shinobi charging at each other.

Samehada met one of Yugito's Vibrato swords, Naruto and Yugito dealing blows to each other at a remarkably fast pace. Metal clashed with scales, both weapons continuously connecting to each other and protecting their owners at the same time.

Yugito gritted her teeth at her inability to touch Naruto, Naruto also unable to make contact with her. As their blades met again, Yugito thrust her other fist out towards Naruto's stomach, claws protruding from her wrist to attempt and pierce through Naruto.

The Uzumaki quickly spun out of danger, capitalising on Yugito moving her left arm by redirecting Samehada towards Yugito's open right side, blocking the Vibrato Sword by kicking it away as he attempted to use Samehada to siphon more of Yugito's chakra.

Kumogakure's jinchuriki redirected her left arm, taking the blow as her wound slowly regenerated through the help of her Tailed Beast.

Naruto bit his lip in frustration, his attack failing to deal much damage. His opponent's recovery rate was only slightly behind him, a problem that needed to be addressed. Naruto harnessed some of the chakra his last attack had stolen from Yugito, channeling the chakra to his legs and sweeping Yugito's feet.

The sudden leg attack swept the jinchuriki onto the floor, Yugito falling to the ground.

Naruto jumped forward with Samehada, preparing to stab the sharkskin sword into his opponent's chakra circulatory system.

Unfortunately for the Kirigakure shinobi, Yugito's catlike reflexes kicked in, the kunoichi getting on all fours and moving away from Naruto to avoid being killed by the other blond's powerful kenjutsu strike. Yugito leapt back multiple times in succession in an attempt to create distance, launching blue fireballs at Naruto when the wielder of Samehada tried to close the distance.

'Damn it! Those fireballs are really annoying!' Naruto inwardly cursed, knowing that one of his chakra natures was rendered invalid. 'And those fireballs normally evaporate all the water that her previous opponents used against her...'

The Kumogakure kunoichi grinned when she realised that Naruto had stopped trying to come close and engage her in kenjutsu, knowing that the Uzumaki would eventually overpower her when it came to kenjutsu and taijutsu when she wasn't borrowing the Two-Tails's chakra.

Naruto spun through hand seals, preparing an attack on Yugito. A shadow clone appeared next to him, also beginning a sequence of hand seals, as the clone and the original Naruto launched their attacks in unison.

'Wind Style: Air Bullets!'

'Water Style: Multiple Water Bombs!'

The water bombs coated the air bullets, the sharp, spinning wind projectiles shielded as well as slightly enhanced by the water surrounding it.

As she had done before, Yugito launched multiple fireballs at Naruto's combo again, slowly evaporating the water as the fire gradually weakened. Naruto smirked at the success of his attack as one of the air bullets struck Yugito's right arm, causing her to drop her Vibrato sword.

Unfortunately for the Uzumaki, one of Yugito's fireballs had struck one of his air bullets, and his arm heated up from the fireball's collision.

Naruto swiftly discarded his outer jacket, revealing a shirt with no sleeves and seals inscribed throughout his two arms. He pushed chakra through some of the seals, sending a volley of kunai attached to homemade explosive tags towards all directions. The blond formed a familiar hand sign, as the amount of kunai multiplied.